Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. RonB

RonB Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Woodinville
    I never could figure out how people call this color "Blue" ?[​IMG] If ya ask me this guy is black and light grey[​IMG]

2. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I'll take any recipes I can get that are child/husband friendly even some that aren't. I am so tired of peas and green beans.

Yeah I have talked to my husband about it a few times. Then I finally screamed at him on night when the pizza showed up. For a while I'd fix his plate and just set it in front of him and he'd eat it. But then I began feeling like I was his servant and stopped doing that.

3. CarolynF

CarolynF Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop

4. ChristineR

ChristineR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state

I know. There are options in Olympia, too. I screw up when I've let myself get so hungry that I just eat whatever is available (like Costco pizza today).

Yeah, that's what I do. I don't even cook that much, but when I do, that's what there is and you either eat it or grab a yogurt and some fruit for your dinner.

A big problem I have is the planning and organization that is required to stick to a gluten-free diet. I don't know if it's my ADD or if everyone struggles with that, but it's nearly impossible for me to plan meals, so I end up eating really unhealthy things for dinner (like ice cream), because I haven't planned anything ahead of time.

5. CarolynF

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    As I understand it, the blueberries need to have about 1/3 of the old growth removed each year to add vigor for new growth. Without the pruning they get old and produce poorly or stop producing. There is/was an abandoned blueberry "orchard" (?) a couple of miles from us. Every year they produced less and less. Eventually a developer bought the land and built houses so we had to plant our own bushes! DH does the pruning and they do great.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  6. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa

7. CarolynF

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    Oh I SO understand that, when I'm by myself I have an incredibly hard time planning meals, and I don't have ADD to blame, it's just me. When I had to cook for my DD I did a much better job. It was the sense of being responsible for another person I'm sure. Now she's the one trying to teach me better ways. Love it.

Keep trying!

8. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Anyone looking for easy meal planning can go here - http://onceamonthmom.com/

It has options for Paleo, GF/DF, Vegetarian, Traditional, Whole Foods, etc. diets and you can cook for a whole month with their recipes!

9. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    She's listening to Right Said Fred's "I'm to sexy"

"and I shake my little tush on the catwalk, on the catwalk, I shake my little tush on the catwalk"

10. CarolynF

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    Oh that poor little guy! It's tough being and awkward teenage boy even when you're a chicken! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by