Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    Oh, I whole-heartedly agree. We got screwed over on the inspection on our house- the insectors passed off so many things it's nto funny. We found mold in the laundry room, found water leaks under the house, had electrical problems, plumbing problems, etc, etc- and one of our 3 toilets doesn't flush. There's nothing like "saving" $50K on your 30 year mortgage, and getting so excited you got a bargain------- only to have to find that money out of your paycheck- when it's a 9-1-1 emergency because somethign broke. DH just replumbed 100 foot of drain line here- in 25 degree weather! We still love our house and we truly did buy way lower than this place would have been sold for normally, but we could have got the price down another $20K had we had a GOOD inspection team. The lazy jerks that inspected this place never crawled under the house- and this is a 50+ year old house. We should have spent the extra $450 and got a GOOD inspector. Ask a realtor for a referral to a man-eatin' inspector!

2. RainMom

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    how fun is that?!! I love they taught their chickens to ride on the handlebars!

3. RainMom

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    what's a CCL? that oen's not even on the abbreviation list!

4. LaughingFeather

LaughingFeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Kitsap, Washington
    Good Good advice. We had our home in CA inspected before buying 30 some years ago. We thought we had a good inspector. When we had foundation problems years later we found that the previous owners had hidden the damage by putting up board to cover the rot so it looked good for a quick inspection. So many things where hidden that a good inspector should have found. Kitchen and laundry not grounded. bath tub falling through floor. Led paint and asbestos. Old houses can be fun but also can be a big surprise in the pocket book. Good luck.

5. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Travis - I agree. The chicken math is out of control. and DH isn't even mad, which makes it that much worse! [​IMG] I do plan to give the next broody some white egg laying chicks. I'm also not keeping all of my full grown hens or my chicks, once they're feathered and I know who I want to keep. I even have a friend who's already offered to take any almost full grown girls that I don't want (and she'll buy them; they want more layers but she doesn't want to do the work).

6. robj

robj Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    Olympia Wa.
    They carry them or the birds ride everywhere on arms, shoulders, handlebars whatever it cracked me up the whole time we were there.

7. sarahkatie

sarahkatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2013
    Sw Washington
    Hey y'all.... I know I haven't been around much.... I've been shovelling(literally) out, demo-ing, re-sheetrocking the room from :p :-( h*%#..... This room hasn't (up till Friday, been entered in roughly 6 years..... It is NOT a room at MY house ....

Ugh.... Phone erased a whole bunch.....anyway..... I am toast, and crossing fingers that I can finish painting walls/ceiling tomorrow....

Sweetlilbaby.... That diet sounds like something that could use the paleo recipes.... Maybe not all of them, but a lot. I started using paleo cookbooks because I feel better on them, but also because they are a super easy how to cook without all those things the docs don't want you to have... And there are dozens of paleo websites with 1000's of yummy recipes.....

Chin up... ( hugs) I found that cooking paleo was not only simple, it was really fun.... It just takes a bit more planning ;-)

8. sarahkatie

sarahkatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2013
    Sw Washington
    I have a friend who had the same issue, but after 6 mo of cooking paleo (she would just add rice to the entree for the rest of them) the entire house (dh, 7yr, & 6yr) are requesting paleo meals over anything else

9. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

But lots of corn can actually slow egg production.

10. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

you missed the 2 in my front yard ! ! !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by