Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    At our new (old?) place, it's hard to beleive no one ever planted blueberries of fruit trees in 50 years!. There's one old apple tree behind our garage, and that's it. There's some challenges getting full sun in some areas, but removal of a evergreen tree here and there could fix that. We bought some raspberries and blueberries and put them in the ground, and need another gazillion more. The list of things that need done to make this in to a "home sweet home" is a mile long here- I am sure many can relate!

2. Slinglings

Slinglings Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2012
    Seattle 98125

Totally agree..don't have time to go into it now, but don't take an inspector referral from someone who is trying to sell you a house! They want to sell you a house and the inspector wants to keep getting referrals. It will not be an unbiased inspection.

3. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle
    May I add one more caveat? Be aware that the old parts of the house may have old plumbing and wiring. When we bought our 1916 house, most of the insurance companies wanted us to replace all the plumbing and wiring within six months. You can't get a mortgage without insurance. We only found one company willing to insure our knob and tubing wiring.

Make that two caveats. Make sure you understand every word of your contract, especially regarding things like easements. Better yet have a real estate attorney look it over. A real estate attorney would have saved us hundreds of thousands of dollars. Don't trust Form 17. It means nothing in a lawsuit.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  4. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I am cursed!! I haven't been able to sleep because of pain. I finally wasn't in as much pain today, took a vicoden then went to bed. As soon as I fall asleep my niece runs in with vomit dripping off her clothes saying "i accidentally throwed up" she felt bad cause i said a bad word really loud out of being tired. Plus she didn't just puke.... She said she sat up in the bed and puked is all. It was on the bed and all the way across the room covering the whole floor.
    She has a sinus infection and i googled her antibiotics she's on for that to see if maybe she's taking to much of it or something.... Side effects are fever, chills, vomiting........ Pretty much her antibiotics give her flu like symptoms. This sucks. Now she's up for me to watch her for a bit and let her stomach settle and let her floor dry some. I ended up using almost a whole bottle of vinegar on it to get rid of the vomit smell.

Why do kids wait til you fall asleep to do this? Why couldn't she puke at 9 or 10? Why 1 in the morning?

5. mikeyb

mikeyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Rochester, Wa

6. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop

7. robj

robj Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    Olympia Wa.
    Thanks. We picked them up in July as chicks.

8. TacomaFarms

TacomaFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA

9. TacomaFarms

TacomaFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    **chirp chirp, chirp chirp** I feel so alone... haha!

This is my busiest week at work and also my busiest week at home. Someone please check on my on Saturday or Sunday to make sure I'm still alive! This weekend I have to plant all my indoor starts, and lockdown for the bator-eggs on Friday!!! WAHOOO!!!

When I go into lockdown, I just add the water and leave it alone, like, "no touchie!" What am I gonna do!? I will stare at it all day I'm sure. So I did notice that my air cell hasn't gotten much bigger in the eggs, is that going to be a problem? I only added water the first couple days until I realized it hadn't changed on most of the eggs. Also, I have a few that quit early on, do I take them out?

10. Breshcandra

Breshcandra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Granite Falls, WA
    Yes take out any that quite. Then add the water. It sounds like you did the dry incubate method. Which is what I do. No water till lock down. Good luck can't wait to see pictures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by