Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

All my chickens figured out the feeder first try. This is my chick. She got in and couldn't get back out. I had to take the top off to get her out. She was in the pen alone when it happened. the other chickens were out eating grass in the yard.

My ducks swim lesson.

I'm done. Finished the second apple tree by street light, but it's done. It's going to take 5 weeks to clean up and get rid of the debris, but it's done.

Russ- can you tell I'm happy the winter pruning is done.
gig.gif

This is Goldie striking a pose for me. A sweetie. Hoping that she goes broody again.

Hey everybody, my name is Rascal and I now reside with Mikeyb. (he looks a little like that Col. of fried chicken so I'm a bit nervous around him) I'm an E. Orpington and I haven't yet crowed.

This is my Blue Roo, a J Giant I received from ChickieLady this past summer.
He has taken the RIR as his own, protects them jealously, but as a Roo goes, he's a very calm bird.

You have beautiful birds!
celebrate.gif
I especially like that English Orpington roo.
love.gif

I'm done. Finished the second apple tree by street light, but it's done. It's going to take 5 weeks to clean up and get rid of the debris, but it's done.

Russ- can you tell I'm happy the winter pruning is done.
gig.gif
Wanna come do mine? I have 9 apple trees and 4 pear...although we just put the pears in last year, probably won't need much.
Oh, and 60 ft of raspberries and I forgot, like 40 blueberry bushes? But 30 or so of those just went in last year too. The others need a ton of work though!

I have a really hard time with the gluten free thing, but I feel SO much better when I don't cheat. I didn't realize at first that in addition to the eczema, it was contributing to my asthma and IBS. It is really hard , especially when you're hungry. I ate a piece of pizza earlier and I know I'll be wheezing and itching tonight.

I ended 30 years of "chronic bronchitis" by changing my diet.

There's so many gluten free options to choose from now, it's not like 10 years ago when all the GF stuff was horrible. Red Robin has GF buns and fries. Spaghetti Factory has GF noodles, Chipotle has tons of GF options. Garlic Jim's pizza has GF crust. There's so many choices. Udi's buns (which is what they use at Red Robin) has awesome bagels, muffins, buns and breads. Tinkyada/Pasta Joy has amazing rice noodles. If you live in Seattle, the options are endless- you can get GF pizza and pasta- entrees delivered to your door (I am sooo jealous - wish I could get it delivered!). Razzi's Pizza at 85th and Greenwood has a huge 2 page menu of GF options- pasta, grinders, everything- incredible food.

This is my Blue Roo, a J Giant I received from ChickieLady this past summer.
He has taken the RIR as his own, protects them jealously, but as a Roo goes, he's a very calm bird.

what a beautiful roo! Our roo is in a wire dog kennel- not happy at all, but I can't let him in with my hens right now. He's either going back to where he came from to trade for a hen, or going to get butchered, we haven't decided.

Back
Top Bottom