Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. LaughingFeather

LaughingFeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Kitsap, Washington
    I had an unusual experience the night of the asteroid. I don't sleep well so am up most nights. I have moved my house plants from my sunny California home to my deep forest home in Washington. I converted a garden bath tub into a plant area and hung a florescent light above the tub. All is well and I tend them every time I go into the bathroom. The night leading up to the asteroid passing a very unusual thing happened. Every time I went into the bathroom there where slugs crawling out of the tub as if to escape. All sizes and they where all leaving the tub. I killed 10 slugs that night. Now I have not seen any before or since. I think this had to do with the asteroid or the meteor that hit that day. I want to report this to the science world but don't know who to report to.

Any ideas?

2. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I've seen coconut oil at costco. Expensive. But my doctor wants me to start using it instead of veggy oil (or whatever other oil) she actually prefers me to save bacon grease, or use butter instead of using veggy oil. Not sure what the new research is she's basing it on. But she said that my body isn't processing veggy oil well. I have memory issues as well and am only 28. I wonder if those are related. Because as a child my mom heard about how veggy oil was "healthy" so she tossed out all the bacon grease and got veggy oil. She tossed out the butter and bought blue bonnet because butter was bad for you. *sigh*
    Now everything I'm reading is use butter, use rendered animal fats (whats left after you cook a meat).
    I have to say though if you make home made pot pie and use bacon grease in place of blue bonnet the crust if flakier and tastes so good.

When I remember where i put my camera i got more pictures today of my feathery pets. I am hoping i didn't leave the camera out in the chicken or duck pen.

3. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Any other Doctor Who fans out there?

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

5. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    there's an interesting side-by-side comparison to butter vs margarine here:
    http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/b/butter-margarine.htm

6. Totalcolour

Totalcolour Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm British, I grew up with doctor who, the "ORIGINAL" one William Hartnell (that's how old I am!).

7. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I like that site. And where did people come up with margarine was for turkeys? I do know each person is different. My doctor said my body isn't handling margarine. And when you cut something like that from your diet for a month then compare it's amazing how much one thing in your diet can effect you.

although i also am supposed to cut out gluton (i can't spell) which i did til this weekend. I made cake, and bought bread for my niece. Of course i'm the one eating it and she's eating veggies an fruit *sigh* I itch so bad. I'm allergic to this stuff and covered in hives. It's so good though. LOL

8. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA

Grew up on Tom Baker. David Tennent was very good. We don't have BBC now so haven't been able to watch much of the new Doctor.

9. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey

10. TacomaFarms

TacomaFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by