Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    I want to make sure that everyone understands my vampire joke was directed at Twilight, not anyone. I prefer my vampires be Christopher Lee. Then staked by Van Helsing.

Werewolves are my guilty pleasure.

I did like the Anita Blake books until they got to raunchy. Ann Rice was good on the first few books when I first started reading them in highschool.

Scifi and fantasy are my genres, though.

2. TerrorBird

TerrorBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2012
    Snohomish
    The old Dracula movies from Hammer were great. Love Christopher Lee (and Peter Cushing too)! A few years ago, Christopher Lee released an album detailing the life of Charlemagne, set to symphonic power metal. I was so amazed that I bought it as soon as I learned about it. It's catchy!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I remember Bela Lugosi as Dracula when I was a kid.

4. KMHunter

KMHunter [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Cr

Jun 12, 2009
    Woodinville,WA
    My Coop
    Coconut oil is in debate about how bad it is for you. It is considered a saturated fat because it is solid at room temp. But it doesn't seem to affect the body or contribute to artery blockage like other saturated fats. The meat of the coconut, if it's been dried and used in recipes is not bad for you. Even fresh coconut meat is reaally good for you. There is so much new info about it that most new doctors are saying eat it but the older doctors are still in the mind set that since it it solid at room temp, it's bad for you. Just passing on the info I have read/heard. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  5. mikeyb

mikeyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Rochester, Wa
    What ever anyone likes, is Illegal, Imoral, causes cancer or it's fattening. [​IMG]
    Watch it girl, you're showing our ages. [​IMG]

6. CarolynF

CarolynF Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    Good Morning!
    Since you mentioned Mounds and Almond Joy (my absolute fav), I wonder if the docs were referring to hydrogenated palm and coconut oil that has been used so much in commercial foods? For a long time, when I saw either of those words (palm/coconut) I immediately assumed that product was a no-no. My daughter, a very health conscious person, has recently re-educated me about coconut. In it's natural form, i.e. not hydrogenated, it's healthy. You might want to check into it again since you love it. And I recently read that the mfg. of Mounds and Almond Joy have stopped using hydrogenated oils, but I haven't verified it.

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

8. Zgoatlady

Zgoatlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Enumclaw, WA
    My Coop

Have you watched being human its on 59 at my house Monday night. Has vampire werewolf and ghost. Can be bloody

9. TacomaFarms

TacomaFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Hey all! Hope you're all having a great weekend!

TacomaChickNMom: [​IMG] I'm in your neck of the woods in the West End near the Narrows Bridge. What kind of chickens do you have? (did I miss this?)

So... I am dog-sitting for my mom this weekend. I let the dogs out, and as soon as my mom's dog, a 20 pound BichonXCockerSpaniel, was just sniffing around the coop, ALL my girls freaked out and were trying to fly out of the run! The constant pounding into the wire cut and scratched their faces. [​IMG] The girls have NO issue whatsoever with my dog, who will herd them all day long, but my mom's dog can't even go outside without sending them into a frenzy. so not cool!

Well I'm home with a sick kid today. Hope everyone has a great week. Happy Sunday!

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Good so far.

Went to War Horse yesterday, great play & fantastic puppetry.

Today it back to pruning. The huge apple trees today.

Russ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by