Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    For anyone considering having Dave build for you...DO.IT. I absolutely LOVE my chicken run built by VelvettFog, and he's a great guy to get to know and a wealth of information. His wife is extremely nice too, it was a pleasure having them both around my house for 2 days, and incredible that he got so much done in that time! Here's my run, which he attached to the coop with hardware cloth and wire fencing.
    [​IMG]
    He also modified my roosts, made me a poop shelf, and created/attached those nest boxes you see on the coop. All in a couple hours Thursday, all day Friday, and a couple hours Saturday morning, before moving on to the next VF tour house [​IMG] Another thing that hasn't been answered yet is that Dave does this for free. All he asks is that he be compensated for gas everywhere he'll be driving, a place to park his truck and trailer, and FOOD. You buy materials, he builds. That's it!

2. VelvettFog

VelvettFog Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Yakima, WA

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  3. Flaming Chicken

Flaming Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Redmond WA

4. mikeyb

mikeyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Rochester, Wa
    Thought this might bring a smile or two. [​IMG]

5. Zgoatlady

Zgoatlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Enumclaw, WA
    My Coop
    Thats true she does, I got some eggs from her last Sept and had 3 hatch and have a pullet and rooster from her now. Nice color eggs.

6. Flaming Chicken

Flaming Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Redmond WA

Welcome back. It's so nice to see you posting again

7. Zgoatlady

Zgoatlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Enumclaw, WA
    My Coop
    Thanks life around here has been pretty crazy and I hope [​IMG] it has slowed down now..

8. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    Haha, I got up this morning with my DW, she had an audition for "Steele Magnolias" to go to. I did my chicken chores. Went back to bed around 10 and slept til she texted at 1:30. I guess I needed more sleep. That was a good nap. Went and let the big chickens out to range for the afternoon and got stuck out there for several extra minutes waiting out a hail storm. Moved the waterer in with Betty Lu down to ground level so when the chick hatches,any time now, it will have access to the water. And getting 4-5 one day old chicks from AyeUpChuck and Cloverleaf Farms on Monday. Yay

9. Shyla-C

Shyla-C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2012
    Western WA
    Well I have had quite the eventful morning. Went out around 9:30am to check on the chickens feeders as I was getting ready to go in Seattle with my MIL. As I was headed to the Cochin yard I caught sight of a coyote on the other side of their yard! Not sure but it may have been the same one that ate one of my Java's and put a hole in the side of one of my EE while they free ranged about a month and a half ago. That was 1pm when that happened. Of course since I had just changed into my nice clothes and it was a last minute I need to check them, I didn't have my gun on me!!! Seriously!! The first time since the last attack that I DON"T have it and the coyote shows up. So went running into the house to get it and some how got tripped up/slipped on the kitchen floor and fell shoulder/chest first into the corner of our fridge. OUCH! That's going to leave a mark! DH went out with the shotgun and found the coyote hiding in the lower pasture, but missed.

10. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    thought I would share cause i know there are others on here that eat gluten free

I made some of the best gluten free banana muffins. Got the recipe from a site then changed it a bit.

• 3 bananas (about 1 ½ cups) mashed
    • 3 eggs
    • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract[​IMG]
    • 1 tablespoon honey[​IMG] (or 3 packets splenda)
    • ¼ cup melted butter
    • 2 cups almond flour (I did 1 cup almond flour and 1 cup soy flour)
    • 1/2 tsp flax seed meal
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda

Mixed all together in no specific order then baked 23 minutes in the toaster oven at 350 degrees. Turned out great nice and moist with a great flavor. I made 35 muffins out of this recipe but suggest making fewer out of it to make them bigger. Mine didn't get very big at all but are just right for me for a snack.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by