Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Willow is home this morning. At about 7:15 I went outside and called for her. Took a minute, and lots of searching, then suddenly she flew out of a bordering tree into the neighbor's yard. This chicken is WILD, mind you, but she didn't make me chase her much to catch her. I finally snagged a few tail feathers and she went still...it was almost a squat. I'm so happy she's back! Now today I'll be changing the locks on the coop and run. Something bigger, different, and lockable.

2. VelvettFog

VelvettFog Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Yakima, WA
  3. VelvettFog

Apr 7, 2011
    Yakima, WA
    so - what causes a chicken to slowly go blind? Cataracts? I think I can see a cloudyness (is that a word?) She appears to be totally blind in one eye, and has limited vision if any in the other. There was no trauma. No access to weird food. Only bird affected. Seems to be otherwise healthy. She is just about a year old. Maybe 16 mo.

Weird.

4. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    Nope, prisons have to provide mattresses in the US because it is "cruel and unusual" punishment not to.
    Yay, I figured she treed herself. But yeah, sounds like a securing system is needed. I have a hasp lock with a caribeener on it. And the coop in use now is dog run fencing, so it has a good lockable latch. I have a slide bolt on the pallet coop that is padlockable.

5. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Dude! Dave if that wasn't in Yakima I'd get in the car and go get it right now!!

6. Flaming Chicken

Flaming Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Redmond WA

Well, if VF is building these cute coops, I may change my order! I have already requested a stop on the tour. Jump on board Sadie sue, lets make it a real reunion tour!

7. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    Has the iris changed color? If it does it is likely Marek's(ocular version). Although it usually manifests in older birds(3-4yo)

8. VelvettFog

Apr 7, 2011
    Yakima, WA

9. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

This is the KEY TO SO MUCH OF LIFE ! ! ! What is right or works for me may not be for others and vice a versa !!!

10. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

I really wish I could help ya with this. I just have a couple things stopping me. Like one truck is broke down and the other truck???? Well last night as I was out in the rain trying to process scrap to haul today. The plasma cutter decided to fail. I worked on it until 2 :00 am. My clothes were so rain soaked I could barely stand up. So now I have a truck committed to work today and the skeleton of a trailer hung up on it. I really hope ya get that shed and get it moved.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by