Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Sounds like my morning
smile.png
coffee and byc. I am new to chickens and this site and I have found it to be amazingly helpful.
welcome-byc.gif
I do not do BYC in the morning...Know why ??????????????
Cuz if I do, I get NOTHING done all day.
In winter, OK that would be OK, but now ?
No, what I do in summer is log on in the evening IF I have an OZ of strength left~~~~~~~~~~~
th.gif

Hello all!
1. I'm in Port Hadlock - anyone in visiting distance? Tea, coffee?
2. The white spot is skin, no feathers. Like I said, I keep getting bounced back n forth on the OEGB threads and Dutch B. threads. :) Waiting on the new coops to arrive this weekend, (will post pics) and some time to breathe before I try hatching a few of their eggs and see if they breed true. Too cute not to try!
Crapola....looks to me to be feathers over the ear canal....nothing like "Earlobes" you see white on, say, a Leghorn.

I was told it is a khaki. But I'm no duck pro. My son wanted it because of the crest or ball of fluff
I am no duck expert, but from what I know, no Khaki Campbell has a crest, so maybe you've a Pekin/Crested Cross ?
I would love to find a fine breeder of Khalis....oh what am I saying here ......?
Tailfeathers raises some fine Roeuns, production Roeuns as well...anyways last year, guess I better get after him for ducklings !

I am no duck expert, but from what I know, no Khaki Campbell has a crest, so maybe you've a Pekin/Crested Cross ?
I would love to find a fine breeder of Khalis....oh what am I saying here ......?
Tailfeathers raises some fine Roeuns, production Roeuns as well...anyways last year, guess I better get after him for ducklings !
I wanted roeuns but couldn't find any ducklings :(

"Rice Day" at my house, and by the time I got out there at 3pm (had to go grocery shopping while the rice cooled and things kept getting delayed) everything was yelling at me; either they can count every third day or smell the brown rice from the house, I dunno. Even the obsessed little broody Quail Bd'A sitting on her lone egg and shrieking at me if I get too close came out to eat hers.

POURING rain, and I found out that the reason I've been getting a single BLRW egg every day since Thursday is that Agnetha found a new place to hide hers; it's somewhere I can only get to from inside the pen, and also, what fun, fills up with water in the rain; as soon as I finish dinner I'm going out to grab three eggs and dump water off the tarps over the sheep, BLRWs, and the younger Hamburgs.

Lot of not getting things done today; finally got my socks sorted out and am going to have to wash the trouser socks I wear in summer tonight because I have zero confidence there'll be line drying weather this week. I'm booked up anyway, enlarging the chick cage to a pen tomorrow, taking bantam cockerels to Centralia Tuesday and getting eggs for Cheery to set on more productively, hired hand Wednesday, Somebody coming for hatching eggs Thursday, and Friday Himself is taking a day of vacation (he has over thirty saved up) so he can go to the place with a saltwater hydrotherapy pool and maybe soak some knots out of his back. I hope to take that time to do some non-emergency mall shopping.

Back
Top Bottom