Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Quote:

yuckyuck.gif
Somebody just got a half dozen or so shipping crates for free! 8 x 8 x 4 That's the very best. :)

Have you checked Craigslist? When I use to live in Pasco their use to be a few folks in Burbank just outside pasco that sold chickens en mass

I did check and the closest place that has anything I want is Yakima, which I am considering if I figure out that the gas will be cheaper than the shipping charges ;) I think I may check with Farmer's Exchange, as suggested above, also.
Hi Totalcolour! I see that it says you are in the Puget Sound area. In an hour and a half I can only make it to Yakima/Selah. Are you further east than I am thinking?

Unfortunately, I am not in a position financially or geographically to get layers this year from breeders and would like to avoid Chick Day at the feed store, so I need opinions on the best and worst hatcheries.
Input???

Geez, on second thought, with $47 shipping costs, which is what I'm finding, I may just deal with fighting the crowds and lack of variety
hmm.png

There's a good guy in your area, used to post here.
Chickielady...... Help Me Here.... I Need his name! Have you kept in contact with him? The guy that helped several folks with building projects. I know he does Australorps and I think bred sex links using them, which would help. He may have others in the area he can recommend, too.

I did check and the closest place that has anything I want is Yakima, which I am considering if I figure out that the gas will be cheaper than the shipping charges
wink.png
I think I may check with Farmer's Exchange, as suggested above, also.
Hi Totalcolour! I see that it says you are in the Puget Sound area. In an hour and a half I can only make it to Yakima/Selah. Are you further east than I am thinking?

Puget sound is like Tacoma/Seattle area. I can drive from my house in graham to Richland in 3hrs(who obeys speed limits?)

Also I was on craigslist and found a poultry auction in rochester... if anyone is interested...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/grd/4274400858.html

She's really speeding.
lol.png
It is possible depending on where in Graham she is. I was able to make Umatilla (about 20 minutes south of Kennewick) in 4 hours straight driving from Puyallup when we lived in the apartment there. From where We are in Graham, it takes 4.5 hours. I'm getting old. We have to stop in Ellensburg usually just so I can stretch, so we allot 5 hours.

Last edited:
OH!  The guy I was thinking of IS in Yakima.  Dave something.  Good guy. 
By the way... how many birds are you planning to get?

Now that you say that, I seem to remember someone on here from Yakima.
I'm thinking about getting 7 more girls. I have 9 but two are mini roo-dudes. I had a rash of terrible luck this year and lost several to varying reasons.
I also want to get 2 more young duckettes to keep my drake occupied. I ended up with only 1 girl out of the group I picked. This time I'm going to try for juveniles over babies. They sure are messy in the brooder!

Now that you say that, I seem to remember someone on here from Yakima.
I'm thinking about getting 7 more girls. I have 9 but two are mini roo-dudes. I had a rash of terrible luck this year and lost several to varying reasons.
I also want to get 2 more young duckettes to keep my drake occupied. I ended up with only 1 girl out of the group I picked. This time I'm going to try for juveniles over babies. They sure are messy in the brooder!

Maybe you should let someone else pick?
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom