Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I bought three adult hens from him a couple of years ago. An EE, a RIR and an Australorp. None of them show quality but he didn't claim they were and I was just looking for adult layers to merge into my flock.

Too funny! I just called him Chicken Guy because I am terrible with names and after calling a few times on his CL ads I figured I should save his number as something I could remember. He is right by Pacific Raceways ...entirely too close for me to resist ;:yesss:

I think I might have broken my rooster. I wanted to see if he'd respond if I crowed at him and he did and it was funny so we kept going. After about ten rounds he started to sound a bit horse and then he quit and I couldn't get him going again. Hope he's ok. :/

I bought three adult hens from him a couple of years ago. An EE, a RIR and an Australorp. None of them show quality but he didn't claim they were and I was just looking for adult layers to merge into my flock.

You bought them from the Orting guy or the Kent guy?

I think I might have broken my rooster. I wanted to see if he'd respond if I crowed at him and he did and it was funny so we kept going. After about ten rounds he started to sound a bit horse and then he quit and I couldn't get him going again. Hope he's ok.
hmm.png
yuckyuck.gif

I think I might have broken my rooster. I wanted to see if he'd respond if I crowed at him and he did and it was funny so we kept going. After about ten rounds he started to sound a bit horse and then he quit and I couldn't get him going again. Hope he's ok. :/

Mine think it's funny when I do it and come watch me with weird looks on their faces.

Whats the story on the Orting guy? Decent breeder? Anyone know what breeds he carries? Looking for somewhere more local then a feed store
I haven't bought any chickens from him, but Velvet fog, who used to be on this forum told me that he stopped by there. The birds were in bad shape and he did not appear to know it.

I know Saan quite well...got tons of chickens from him. Good guy and good birds. I will buy from him and recommend him

As for the Orting guy (Don?)....my friend bought me a hen that was supposed to lay blue eggs and a Ameraucana (?)....but she was a mutt EE and laid brownish eggs....then quit after a few month, figured out she was old and not sure what that breed. I emailed him and he said my friend "Misunderstood"....she didn't as she spent $40ish for the hen and was a present. She had slight cheek tufts.Other folks have gotten chickens and they were not thrifty. I heard he gets them cheap or at the auction and resells them. I am leery of folks who gets hens from auctions or unknown source and resells as I do not know what they may carry on to my farm.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom