Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

the shipper (Ideal poultry) refunded me for the dead ones already. I still want to cry i'd rather have live chicks then getting my money back. I know it's not Ideals fault it's the post offices.
I will NOT have chicks shipped again knowing that they wont let me pick them up right when they come in.
This incident, no doubt, can be blamed on early delivery when it is still so cold out.
If you had this order shipped in, say, May, none of this would/could/probably have happened.
Some intelligent hatcheries refuse to ship this early, for that very reason.
But some hatcheries do, and I can only say I feel they ship this early for $$$$ and care little on the success of the buyer, nor the lives of the chicks.
Expendible, is what they feel these babies are.
Sad !
rant.gif

I've probably asked this before, But anyone on here that shows chickens and lives in the city- Do you know where to get a rooster decrowed? I was told no roosters when I made my case at AC they told me figure out how to stop it from crowing then i can keep one. SO, Money isn't an issue on this. If one of my polish is a rooster I want to keep it. I'm down to 2 polish chicks hoping for a male and a female to produce more chicks for me.

Anyone know? I've heard of some places doing it but lost my list.
Contact Cindy~

https://www.backyardchickens.com/u/30853/cmsdvm

She will probably be at the upcoming show, but contact her & see what she recommends.
wink.png

This incident, no doubt, can be blamed on early delivery when it is still so cold out.
If you had this order shipped in, say, May, none of this would/could/probably have happened.
Some intelligent hatcheries refuse to ship this early, for that very reason.
But some hatcheries do, and I can only say I feel they ship this early for $$$$ and care little on the success of the buyer, nor the lives of the chicks.
Expendible, is what they feel these babies are.
Sad !
rant.gif

I pre-ordered them with really no control of when they'd be shipped. they notified me by e-mail that they were in the mail 2 days before I got the call from the post office. I guess I never thought about it until I got the chicks. well when i first tried to get them then i started stressing about the temperatures.
However i just went to the feed store and they also got their shipment in of chicks. They didn't have polish though (dels in puyallup). They didn't have any breeds i'm interested in and i was scared of bringing more chicks in with mine (bacteria causing illness or something like that)

Hi Peeps!!! Wow, it's been way too long since I checked in here. Hope everyone is well....Robin, I hope you are in your new home by now????

Last year was just a sucky year all around, and the chickens kind of took a back seat to life. I only had two tiny hatches and have downsized a quite a bit. I just listed my first auction on BLRW eggs (not here though). They are laying up a storm. Got rid of our Serama's and our Orpingtons last year. So we our just down to the BLRW, bantam Salmon/blue Salmon faverolles, Splash Marans and easter eggers/olive eggers from our layer coop....if anyone is interested in hatching eggs from any of those breeds, just let me know! Or you can find me at Storybook Poultry on Facebook.

And I hope to see some of you old timers at the Monroe show! Haven't decided if I am showing anything yet, but I will definitely pop in since it's right up the road from me.

Hi Peeps!!! Wow, it's been way too long since I checked in here. Hope everyone is well....Robin, I hope you are in your new home by now????

Last year was just a sucky year all around, and the chickens kind of took a back seat to life. I only had two tiny hatches and have downsized a quite a bit. I just listed my first auction on BLRW eggs (not here though). They are laying up a storm. Got rid of our Serama's and our Orpingtons last year. So we our just down to the BLRW, bantam Salmon/blue Salmon faverolles, Splash Marans and easter eggers/olive eggers from our layer coop....if anyone is interested in hatching eggs from any of those breeds, just let me know! Or you can find me at Storybook Poultry on Facebook.

And I hope to see some of you old timers at the Monroe show! Haven't decided if I am showing anything yet, but I will definitely pop in since it's right up the road from me.

Hello! I have been looking FOREVER for BLRW! I even ordered a dozen hatching eggs from a seller on BYC and only got 1 egg in my shipment. Apparently his stopped laying. Anyway, I'd love love love to get 2 or 3 chicks if you have any!! :)

does anyone here have any fertilized eggs in western washington? I'm in Olympia and I have a broody girl i cant get out of the nesting box. im thinking about submitting

It is MUCH easier to submit to a broody than watch them suffer from weight loss and craziness. I almost lost my first broody thinking I could "break" her. I finally threw three eggs under her and she happily hatched two of them for me. I wish I was closer to you, I would happily give you some for your broody. Unfortunately, I am in Kelso.

I pre-ordered them with really no control of when they'd be shipped.   they notified me by e-mail that they were in the mail 2 days before I got the call from the post office.     I guess I never thought about it until I got the chicks.   well when i first tried to get them then i started stressing about the temperatures.  

However i just went to the feed store and they also got their shipment in of chicks.     They didn't have polish though (dels in puyallup).   They didn't have any breeds i'm interested in and i was scared of bringing more chicks in with mine (bacteria causing illness or something like that)

It's all about warmth- usually, hatcheries adjust their numbers if chicks needed to ship. There's a HUGE differen between shipping 300 chicks or 10 chicks. Some won't ship at all during the winter; others adjust the minimum depending on your location.

Back
Top Bottom