Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Baby chicks finally are starting to hatch! We have Black Copper Marans, Blue Marans, Birchen Marans and Swedish Flower hens.....love the sound of the chicks peeping......anyone want to add some chicks to their flock, contact me....we are located in Carnation

So I want to place a order for some English Orpington chicks but can't afford to get 8 of them. The person also has Ameracuanas and Marans. If your interested PM me please and I will tell you more and who they are.
I know someone in the Bellingham who has English Orpington eggs for hatching. Let me know if you want her info.

Baby chicks finally are starting to hatch! We have Black Copper Marans, Blue Marans, Birchen Marans and Swedish Flower hens.....love the sound of the chicks peeping......anyone want to add some chicks to their flock, contact me....we are located in Carnation
I can't this year BUT I will be getting some from you in the future ! I love my two little cockoo marans. Would love a Blue ..

Ugh, sorry you had poor hatch rates with his eggs too. Out of about 40 of his eggs I had maybe 10 hatch. It was 1 or 2 of each breed he sent me.

I ordered Blue Copper eggs and he sent Black Copper eggs that had Blue Copper hens but I specifically ordered Blue Copper....3 eggs hatched.....,two wereBlack Copper hens that were super mossy and the roo was Black Copper and the roo had tons of copper on his chest so all went bye-bye......The Legbar was a roo and super colorful so he went bye bye as well

I ordered Blue Copper eggs and he sent Black Copper eggs that had Blue Copper hens but I specifically ordered Blue Copper....3 eggs hatched.....,two wereBlack Copper hens that were super mossy and the roo was Black Copper and the roo had tons of copper on his chest so all went bye-bye......The Legbar was a roo and super colorful so he went bye bye as well

I ordered a dozen eggs from 3 different breeds. He sent 2 breeds I asked for then filled the 3rd dozen with his choice which was 5 different breeds of chickens that I had no prior interest in. Of course, the ones he sent that I didn't ask for are the only ones that hatched, lol. On the bright side I did get some Jubilee and Chocolate Orpingtons out of it (that I didn't ask for). Out of 11 BLRW eggs I did get 2 that hatched. They look vastly different from each other though at a week and a half old. The 3rd dozen that I had ordered were Marans eggs. I think I got maybe 2 or 3 of them. None hatched.

I'm in Skagit Valley and new to raising chickens. What is the general consensus on when I put my babes out in their coop, especially here in Western Wa? They are three weeks now. The brooder is starting to look small real quick! Three more weeks?

At least another three weeks with heat or until they are fully feathered.

Last edited:
What I can say is that this is very addicting. I never thought it would be, thought the few friends I knew who had chickens were crazy, and now I totally understand. LoL!
yuckyuck.gif

Heres a pic of my lav orpington amd barnevelder. I went to the guys property and saw his birds. Hes the real deal. I just texted him and he said they are a brown egg layer but a very rare bunch will lay green eggs. So I got a very rare lavender orp? Lol. Sorry shes not too pretty... I came outside a few months ago and found my dog chewing on her. I thought she was gonna die but shes my survivor and healing great!
[/URL]

Do you have a picture of your Barnevelder? I just love them...they are my favorite breed in fact!

DD

Back
Top Bottom