Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Have to share this:

I've had to slam my breaks for a number of animals running out into the street. Deer, rabbits, raccoons, frogs, birds, cats, dogs, people, horses, even a pig once. But today it was for a Chicken! It was on my way from picking my 9yr old from school. He couldn't stop laughing or making up "why did the chicken try to cross the road" jokes.
yuckyuck.gif

Congrats on the babies! Are the JG a lot bigger than the others... Is that why they are seperated?
They're not any bigger yet - I just separated them so I could post their picture on the breed thread. Actually the Favs are the biggest chicks and they eat like no one's business. I have found a couple of them napping in the food dish
roll.png

I'm doing well. Getting back to my old energy levels finally. I didn't realize how long that would take. I haven't had my scan yet this year but am scheduled so I should know soon if I am still clean.
I will be able to pop in and out now and again to say hi and see how everyone is doing.
I just got busy with starting to homeschool my kids through HS. It was daunting at first, but, I think I am getting into a rhythm.

Anyway, it's good to talk at you again!
smile.png

Anything exciting happening? Any chicken shows coming up?
wee.gif

Have to share this:

I've had to slam my breaks for a number of animals running out into the street. Deer, rabbits, raccoons, frogs, birds, cats, dogs, people, horses, even a pig once. But today it was for a Chicken! It was on my way from picking my 9yr old from school. He couldn't stop laughing or making up "why did the chicken try to cross the road" jokes.

That's not a really good idea much of the time. Often a vehicle behind you may not be far enough back to stop in time to not hit YOU! Or, you could hit the brakes and skid into something.. And swerving is worse - you could end up hitting a child. I know none of us want to hit anything, but please be careful when you hit those brakes or swerve . . .

Went and got 3 chicks at dels yesterday. :) They are pullets is all i know cause they were like what breeds do you want and i said "pullet" they gave me a weird look until I explained that they never turn out to be what they claim anyway so i just want females.
My hen is happy as can be her golfball hatched LOL it's triplets. :D

What is that red stuff in the water font ?
It looks horrible...OK maybe I'll just shut up.............
sickbyc.gif

duc.gif

Last edited:
It's red food color in the water, my niece and nephew like doing that it doesn't hurt the chicks. The jar is very dirty thanks to the hen. she enjoys shooting her poop and even washing it daily it ends up like that after an hour *sigh* she aims her butt at it.

Back
Top Bottom