Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

There is someone in Sumner that has some Sussex hens for sale.  If it isn't too far for you to go, let me know and I can put you in touch with her.  You can PM me your e-mail address if you're interested.  :)
that is a bit too far but if i can't come up with any around here then I'll get in touch. Thanks for the help

Erhart's web site is not up to date. He only has Wellies(partridge and silver) and Barnies(partridge) in the bantam.
We passed by his place on our way back from Spokane. Super friendly man.
That's a bummer - I would have thought with the popularity of back yard chickens that quality bantam Australorp and Sussex would have been a good option for folks
sad.png

In a year or two when my "retirement coop" is empty I am planning on having bantams in there and was looking forward to seeing his bantam SS.

Last edited:
I have 2 Indian Runner Drakes. 10 wks old... sadly I can't keep them as I have 1 Duck to 3 Drakes :( Talk about bad luck.. Is it jut me or is this a Drake / Cockerel Year ????
I live in Ferndale , WA North of Bellingham. $10 per Drake must take both so they won't be alone UNLESS you already have ducks.

I have 2 Indian Runner Drakes. 10 wks old... sadly I can't keep them as I have 1 Duck to 3 Drakes :( Talk about bad luck.. Is it jut me or is this a Drake / Cockerel Year ????
I live in Ferndale , WA North of Bellingham. $10 per Drake must take both so they won't be alone UNLESS you already have ducks.
I can't have ducks, so I can't help you there but I can commiserate....we hatched 8 females to 14 males this year
barnie.gif

OK here is the best pictures I can get.
Sweet Chippy, who Einstein is nameing Hoover (cuz he sucks up the milk like a vacuum !) is a typical baby.

Hoover eats & sleeps.
Hoover drinks out of a Sobe cap, and has treats to eat also bu mostly drinks & sleeps.
he is snuggling down under his white flannel which is on top of a green towel.
Here is a few shots, and remember Hoover is in a Home Depot bucket & very snuggly warm !

Even when I pulled his blanket aside to take his pic, he woke, and went right back to sleep.
And no more fleas !!!!

YIPPEEE!!!
wee.gif

Curls up like a kitty...and back to sleep.
Just like a human baby.
But this one has been on the verge of starvation, bones protuding, and so victimized by parasites.

Sleep little one.................
love.gif

Such a cute thing. It's so awesome that you're helping the little guy out

Back
Top Bottom