Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

A couple of chickens pics and lots of garden pics

- I love summer
love.gif

Beautiful garden pics !!!
I guess I better get my rear in gear & post some for myself...I been painting coops to match the house...and I am COVERED is Scab red paint !
Barn Red~~~~~~~~~~
lol.png

Hi everyone! I am kind of new to BYC and thought I would join in here. I am in Federal Way. We are allowed 4 chickens and we have our 4 pullets. 2 we got from a feed store and 2 from a local who had a TON of chicks. Unfortunately one of them had Coccidiosis but we got rid of it quick and are on our way to getting all settled!

We have our coop and will be building a decent size run we will attach to it. I am working on building a pallet fence around it because our golden retriever is trying to pounce on the sides of the coop and stressing the girls out!

anyways just wanted to say hi!

Hi everyone! I am kind of new to BYC and thought I would join in here. I am in Federal Way. We are allowed 4 chickens and we have our 4 pullets. 2 we got from a feed store and 2 from a local who had a TON of chicks. Unfortunately one of them had [COLOR=545454]Coccidiosis [/COLOR]but we got rid of it quick and are on our way to getting all settled!

We have our coop and will be building a decent size run we will attach to it. I am working on building a pallet fence around it because our golden retriever is trying to pounce on the sides of the coop and stressing the girls out! 

Welcome!

I ended up with a Pekin hen when I purchased the Call ducks she is bonded with and I would like to find her another hen as a companion. I can't give her a drake because she is with bantam ducks and I do not want crossbreeds. We are eating her eggs and can continue to do so but I hatch the bantam eggs and don't want a drake potentially mating with my bantam hens in the yard. Right now she is in a breeder pen with the Calls but I want to put her in the yard with one of her own kind. I thought I had found a hen for her but someone else was able to drive down for her before me so I lost the opportunity. Does anyone have Pekins? They are not my favorite but I thought I would give her a try. I will need to get her bonded with a different duck before I turn her out of the pen or else she will sit next to the pen to be near her current duck family. I have a temporary pen set up next to the breeder pen so I am going to try putting her in that with some Orpingtons but I would really like to find her a companion. If I keep her penned in the temporary pen she could have a drake if I can't find another hen and I could try hatching a companion for her but it would be nice to have an adult duck she can bond with right away when I separate her from the Calls. She is just too big next to my bantam ducks!

Sweet lil'chippy has woke up & attacked the almond milk in the eye dropper like a man lost in the desert !

He/she had both hands on the eye dropper eating as fast as he/she could, then, went back to sleep in the rag bed I made....clean rags of cotton flannel sheets.
The lil'critter has made a hole in the flannel...and a burrow beneath.
HA !

He/she just might live !!!!!!!!!!!
Tomorrow, photos !
We had baby squirrels that we rescued once. They were adorable!

http://www.homeindisarray.com/2009/08/new-home-for-squirrels.html

Hi everyone! I am kind of new to BYC and thought I would join in here. I am in Federal Way. We are allowed 4 chickens and we have our 4 pullets. 2 we got from a feed store and 2 from a local who had a TON of chicks. Unfortunately one of them had Coccidiosis but we got rid of it quick and are on our way to getting all settled!

welcome-byc.gif
Hey welcome !!!

Back
Top Bottom