Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

That's a nice view!
Ready to go to their place for the next party ???????????????????????
I AM !!!
droolin.gif

I am NOT wanting to go fishing......................I have not even restrung reels yet !
Still canning green beans & whole tomatoes, tomato sauce, and salsa........................................
th.gif

Maybe I should force myself to go fishing.....................................I did get the tide book out !
he.gif

Last edited:
That's a nice view!

Thank you!

You just missed our Oyster smoke, BBQ & open house party that was on July 26th..................but started 2 days before (campers coming in!) and was over a week later, what a blast !
So much fun we decided to do it every summer !
You surely can host "The Crazies" next time.
Maybe "The Crazies" will book on your boat instead of the last one they went on, July 24, 2 days before the party (that is why "The Crazies can directly here after their boat trip)
That would be fun, huh ?
I'll bring Oysters & chicken !           :ya

Oh, and right after "The Crazies" were here 1 week, they went to MikeyB's for his party !
Endless Summer !
:ya

That sounds like fun! Sucks we missed it. :)

Ready to go to their place for the next party ???????????????????????  
I AM !!!
:drool

I am NOT wanting to go fishing......................I have not even restrung reels yet !
Still canning green beans & whole tomatoes, tomato sauce, and salsa........................................:th

Maybe I should force myself to go fishing.....................................I did get the tide book out !
:he

If we plan a party at my house we have to plan it in advance and I bet I could get a band to play.... Hmmmm...

Thank you!
That sounds like fun! Sucks we missed it.
smile.png

If we plan a party at my house we have to plan it in advance and I bet I could get a band to play.... Hmmmm...
We were lucky that T-Hi came (and stayed a wonderful week with the rest of the Crazies) and she has a full DJ system complete with lasers & all !
BLARING awesome sound system, all computer driven, it was outstanding !
See a few of the videos on my FB page (and hers)

Well, the bug has hit me. I'm getting four more girls to add to my flock. I decided to go with pullets. I'm get 2 Cream Legbars and 2 Black Copper Marans from a breeder in Brewster, WA. I'm super excited (not so much about the drive). I pick them up next weekend!
ya.gif

Well, the bug has hit me. I'm getting four more girls to add to my flock. I decided to go with pullets. I'm get 2 Cream Legbars and 2 Black Copper Marans from a breeder in Brewster, WA. I'm super excited (not so much about the drive). I pick them up next weekend!
ya.gif

My chickens are from Brewster (JFA).... Nice folks.... Excellent birds... You will be happy I'm sure...

dave

Is the chicks' head laying on it's back, so it is gazing UP and looking back & forth, and may develope to the point where it sits on it's haunches while looking UP (Star Gazing) ?
Or does it just have a bent neck ?
Wry Neck that I have seen, is not a nervous disorder but an actual bone defect, and the birds grow up just fine, just have odd bent necks, no tics.
Star Gazers are another issue, and my personal opinion with star gazers is a genetic problem, as in in breeding, or other issue with genetics, and have never seen a cure.
But keep up the good work !

Here is a video of what the chick is doing.

I ended up getting Chick Booster

Guaranteed Analsis (per 10 gram scoop)
Enterococcus faecium 62,500,000 CFU*/10 gm
Lactobacillu acidophilus 62,500,000 CFU*/10 gm
Sodium (1.12 %)
Potassium (0.40%)
Vit A (200,000 IU/10 gm)
Vit D3 (96,400 IU/10 gm)
Vit E (82 IU/10 gm)
Vit C (306 mg/10 gm)

Ingredients:
Maltodextrin, sodium bicarbonate, salt, potassium chloride, dried entercoccus facium, fermentation product, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, ascorbic acid, Vit A supplement, niacin supplement, Vit D3 supplement, riboflavin supplement, Vit E supplement, thiamine hydrochloride, Vit B12 supplement.

They have been getting only Chick starter crumble medicated and we just (three days ago) switched them over to Purina Flock Raiser.

Last edited:
I use the styrofoam Little Giant incubators successfully but my hatch rates go down when the temperature outside gets too warm because we do not have AC and our house gets hot. I hatch all winter without any problem and most of the year but the heat spells we have had this summer have caused me to have quitters. I use forced air for chicken eggs and still air for duck eggs. Then I use a still air incubator as a hatcher and another still air as an early brooder. I also have one Farm Innovators forced air incubator but I have not tried it out yet.

Yesterday I set Silkie eggs that have been sitting at warm room temperatures so they may not all hatch but it does not hurt to try when they are my own eggs. Tomorrow I will set Orpington eggs that may have also warmed up too much at high room temperatures. I have had alot of success with purchased eggs but I have also had a large number of clear eggs side by side with my own eggs that hatched just fine so I can't blame the incubator.

My chickens are from Brewster (JFA).... Nice folks.... Excellent birds... You will be happy I'm sure...

dave

I recently hatched some eggs from Justfowlingaround JFA. (Light Brahmas) I had the best hatch rate ever. They are beautiful chicks! It is great to find a good breeder in WA

Hi!

I'm new here and new to chickens...or will soon be new to chickens. I'm in Kitsap County in the Bremerton area. I have a coop ready and am waiting for a contractor to give me a quote on a run for my yard. I'm slowly piecing everything together so I'll be ready for some chickens! I'm leaning toward the Orpingtons just because, from my research, they make a really good 'pet' flock and that's my main interest. Maaaybe try showing at some point.

I do hope to buy local and am willing to drive a little ways to get them! Well, when I'm ready for them.
big_smile.png

Hi, There are a few of us in Kitsap, and it seems like the group is growing. Welcome to the group!

I hope you're outside the city limits so you aren't bothered by the limit and the licensing issues. Such a pain!
There are many places to get the breed you're looking for but if you ever want to show.... please be very careful that your source breeds to the SOP. If you attend the shows this fall you'll have a much better chance to check out the competition and find good local sources.

ETA: to remove less than successful comment :-(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom