Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Do I need to post more pictures of the tribbles?
Hey they are adorable !!
big_smile.png

What do you do when it rains ?
Got a big barn to keep them in out of the rain ?
When I had silkies, it was so hard to keep them IN, they want out like all the other chooks~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sad.png

Last edited:
Here is a video of what the chick is doing.

I ended up getting Chick Booster

Guaranteed Analsis (per 10 gram scoop)
Enterococcus faecium 62,500,000 CFU*/10 gm
Lactobacillu acidophilus 62,500,000 CFU*/10 gm
Sodium (1.12 %)
Potassium (0.40%)
Vit A (200,000 IU/10 gm)
Vit D3 (96,400 IU/10 gm)
Vit E (82 IU/10 gm)
Vit C (306 mg/10 gm)

Ingredients:
Maltodextrin, sodium bicarbonate, salt, potassium chloride, dried entercoccus facium, fermentation product, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, ascorbic acid, Vit A supplement, niacin supplement, Vit D3 supplement, riboflavin supplement, Vit E supplement, thiamine hydrochloride, Vit B12 supplement.

They have been getting only Chick starter crumble medicated and we just (three days ago) switched them over to Purina Flock Raiser.
I saw the video, and I have not ever seen a chick do that, happy to say~
What you are doing has to help, and I want to add that all my breeder birds, and chicks up to 1 mo of age get vitamins in their water, why ?
Cuz I do not trust the feed makers to contain as much vitamins as they say~
This is what I buy now as "Broiler Max" is no longer produced, this replaces it.
So, I feed my layers a half dose, and my meat birds a full dose:

https://www.twincitypoultrysupplies.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=949

Last edited:
Carolynf! Just keep me posted on when the gathering is! I would love to come! If i can bring along my 3 girls. Lol
How many babies now ?????????????????????
lau.gif

Love you gal pal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I am looking for 2 good saddle horses, QH, type, in the 3-5 year old area, NO ISSUES, such as special disease, point me in the right direction ?
Love ya, miss ya !
hugs.gif

HAHA! Thank you for the introduction to ChickenLady.
big_smile.png
I'll have to look at the SOP for breeding. That's the first time I heard of that. It makes sense though! There was one company that says it's recognized by the APA, American Standard of Perfection. And then I've seen something about...NNIP? Or something like that. I'm planning on going to the Port Orchard Poultrypalooza on the 13th. Sounds interesting.
wink.png
And luckily!!! I'm actually unincorporated! So, in Bremerton but technically, Kitsap County so I don't have to worry about the restrictions.
What you are seeing is the NPIP, which is the National Poultry Improvement Plan, which the gov't gurus come out & inspect your farm, and screen (by blood test) all your flocks (usually 2 birds per 15) and test for Pollurium and Typhois and test ya for cruddy, garbage, pooping coops, and in general make sure your flocks are clean of P & T and safe, clean, healthy.

What you are seeing is the NPIP, which is the National Poultry Improvement Plan, which the gov't gurus come out & inspect your farm, and screen (by blood test) all your flocks (usually 2 birds per 15) and test for Pollurium and Typhois and test ya for cruddy, garbage, pooping coops, and in general make sure your flocks are clean of P & T and safe, clean, healthy.

That's what it was!!! Thank you! Lot of new acronyms I need to learn. And thanks for the description of what it entails!
frow.gif

Hi, There are a few of us in Kitsap, and it seems like the group is growing. Welcome to the group!

I hope you're outside the city limits so you aren't bothered by the limit and the licensing issues. Such a pain!
There are many places to get the breed you're looking for but if you ever want to show.... please be very careful that your source breeds to the SOP. If you attend the shows this fall you'll have a much better chance to check out the competition and find good local sources.

Oh.... by the way.... Let me introduce you to ChickieLady!!!!! A very experienced breeder, shower, and keeper of beautiful birds!!! But kind of SASSY some days! Play Nice ChickieLady or you'll scare off all the new addicts... oops I mean peeps!
lau.gif
Oh yes !
Let Carolyn introduce me !!! As if she was here first ?????????????????????
duc.gif

I saw the video, and I have not ever seen a chick do that, happy to say~
What you are doing has to help, and I want to add that all my breeder birds, and chicks up to 1 mo of age get vitamins in their water, why ?
Cuz I do not trust the feed makers to contain as much vitamins as they say~
This is what I buy now as "Broiler Max" is no longer produced, this replaces it.
So, I feed my layers a half dose, and my meat birds a full dose:

https://www.twincitypoultrysupplies.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=949

My collection now contains a digital scale that weighs in grams/kilograms/oz/lbs, Poly-Vi-Sol without iron, Chick Booster, Rooster Booster, and Nutri-Drench.

I currently am giving all the baby chicks (10 days old) Nurtri-Drench. Starting tomorrow everyone is getting it in their water.

The 10 day old and 13 week old were getting Purina Chick Starter medicated.

We were feeding X-CEL Layer feed and everyone was doing great on it. The eggs were also perfect but then I found out about the boys and the calcium being so bad for them so had to take the big kids off of it.

We recently changed everyone to Flock Raiser with oyster shells and grit on the side free feed for the big kids.

Back
Top Bottom