Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

love.gif

One of the worst things about chickens laying outside the coop is exactly that: predators !
Sooner or later the predators will realize where (and when)  the deposits  of the goodies are made...and they will watch & waite.

we shot the coyote in the butt with a red rider yesterday to scare him out of the yard. He came back later and tangled with my cat, so next time it will be a .22mag I think. Mangy things just keep coming back. And are quicker than the bear!

Hey neighbors! Just wanted to put a bug in peoples ear that I need to sell a few 14 week old pullets and 2 cockerels. The pullets are 2 Partridge Plymouth Rocks, and 1 Barred Rock. I also have 2 Welsummer cockerels. All of these are pet quality but should be good layers.

Also, I am possibly looking for an Ameraucana (not EE) rooster. Open to any color but he must be nice with people.

Please PM me if interested in my birdies or you have a roo needing a home. I am located in Graham/Eatonville area.

I thought some of you might be interested in a progress report on the hen that's bullying my Littles. I put her in detention. She figured out how to escape and lay her egg in the usual nest box. When I had to put her inside at night she was "madder than a wet hen". Ha! She made so much racket in the dog house I was afraid she was going to hurt herself! But she didn't. Night 2 was better. Today she escaped again, even though I thought I'd fixed that, to lay her egg in it's proper place. She's tenacious and clever! Tonight she put herself to bed in the dog house. wow.

The rest of the flock has been SO peaceful! What a treat!!!

So tomorrow I'm going to let her in with the rest of the flock and see how she does. I'm hoping. But if needed, back she goes. I feel sorry for her, she's such a sweetheart in every other way.
roll.png

Hey neighbors! Just wanted to put a bug in peoples ear that I need to sell a few 14 week old pullets and 2 cockerels. The pullets are 2 Partridge Plymouth Rocks, and 1 Barred Rock. I also have 2 Welsummer cockerels. All of these are pet quality but should be good layers.

Also, I am possibly looking for an Ameraucana (not EE) rooster. Open to any color but he must be nice with people.

Please PM me if interested in my birdies or you have a roo needing a home. I am located in Graham/Eatonville area.

I can get you an 8 week old wheaten or blue wheaten.

I'm not decided quite yet if I'm going to keep the 6 month old cockerel. He's not friendly since I don't handle them much, but he's totally non-aggressive towards people. I don't tolerate aggressive roosters.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom