Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

It is a nice beautiful day. On break from fields

Last edited:

Is everyone in Washington State off on vacation right now ?
It is 105 on the cabin front porch, in the shade. That south-facing building gets the heat, that blows right up the driveway. HOT !!!
I love your little rooster.

No vacation for me. Too many animals here to take care of. Vacation for me is going to a BBQ at the neighbor's house.

I love your little rooster.

No vacation for me. Too many animals here to take care of. Vacation for me is going to a BBQ at the neighbor's house.
Geeeze I know what you mean ! This time of year, I hate to leave cuz I am so afraid of fires...there would be no one to man the pumps, if ya know what I mean. All it takes is one idiot flicking a cigarette out his window...and so many thirsty critters and plants.
As for the cute little 'rooster' that is a Silver Duckwing cockerel, and I have 4 of them, 1 off the CowgirlGrace tomorrow, in Gig Harbor.
How are your birds doing ? Is the Marek's run it's course ?

Think you can get new birds now without re-infection ?

Oh, I'm so sorry @ochochicas
hugs.gif
That really sucks.
fl.gif
this is the last one...

We decided to cull our sick ones a week and a half ago when they didn't respond to antibiotics (along with a mean roo). So far no one else is sick. We just started letting the 3 remaining girls from that batch, that never showed signs of illness, out to roam. They sure are enjoying it (albeit they are a bit difficult to get back in).

My husband and I reallly do not like this heat and he is trying to finish off the second coop so the littles can get out of their brooders. It's taken way longer than planned. He just finished the roof tonight - but with this heat they can't go in before we add ventilation - lots! and they will need a predator proof run to get out of the hot coop during the day. There is no shade where the coop is, but it is raised up so they will have that once we predator proof the sides of the shed. The work seems never ending at this point and we just don't want to work in this heat.

Is it fall yet?

We got up over a hundred here, too. Put a shallow pan with water and some ice cubes in the run for the girls. They all seemed to enjoy it and seem to be coping well in spite of the heat, though, we only got 2 eggs today instead of the 4 or 5.

Back
Top Bottom