Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Wheaten hens have black through the primary wing feathers and in the tail, males have black chest, body, and tail. It's that black that gets diluted by the blue gene. Wheaten has no dilute gene, Blue Wheatens have one dilute gene, and Splash Wheatens have two dilute genes. It's the same dilute gene as BBS, but on the wheaten pattern, instead of the solid black pattern. The blue dilute gene will only affect black coloring, it doesn't matter what pattern a bird has. Blue Wheaten, Blue Laced Red, Blue Copper, BBS; all different patterns but with the same dilute gene. The same rules apply. Black patterning bred to splash patterning will produce blue patterning. Doesn't matter if that pattern is laced, penciled, or solid.
I want silver laced English Ors here, and Delaware Buff.....much prettier than Columbian Buff!

I came home from my family's house after the game tonight to 9 dead chickens and a Bobcat in my coop! My hubby borrowed a shot gun and took care of the Bobcat so it won't be back thankfully. Such a shame to have to kill it but it would have been back. One hen is still missing and I hope she will show up in the morning. All I am left with is Frankie the rooster, my old, old white hen(non layer), a broody hen and a Barred Rock. I cannot believe this happened! I will say, even though we live with quite a bit of wood surrounding us, in the last couple days we have had a lot of wildlife activity through our back pasture.

Does anyone have a broody hen that they would be willing to sell?
I have eggs under my hen that are developing and I originally was going to toss them and set some eggs I have coming from Chickielady, but now I want to keep mine going too and attempt to replace some of my lost girls so I need a second broody to hatch more eggs as I don't have an incubator or have a desire to raise chicks my self.

Looks like it's store bought eggs for us the rest of the year. :'(

Oh no! So sorry.
2639.png

Am sure that the Bobcat climbed over your chain Link fence., i knew a manx that used to do it, have seen racoons, rats, am sure weasels and opposums, cougars can too. With out a doubt there have been more wildlife migrating to the west side….am thinking because of all the loss of food source because of the huge fires this last summer. Sorry for Your loss….. I did lose 2 hens to bald eagles last year…..

Regarding the amourous turkey…..I have a pair of midget whites.,,,,after 2 years of hatching eggs the hen decided she wanted to be a boy, grew a black tag / extra cornecles (spelling) and did everthing the tom did including trying to beat him up. they both have been unruly towards the other chickens but are behind a fence now. She even quit thinking like a female and became helpless and unthinking like the tom.

I am looking for 3 bared rocks or 3 light brahmas would prefer close to laying age please this would round out my big coop and give me a chanceto integrate them before I get new birds for new little coop I am putting up painting the pony wall today
idunno.gif

I have four started pullets coming at the end of the month. I can't wait! I am getting an egg every couple days from my two right now, I think they are both done molting. They're 18 months old so I guess they will start to slow down, last year I got eggs from each one of them pretty much daily from December on. I don't think I'll ever get over that little tiny thrill of finding an egg. It's kind of like the feeling you get when you get a fish on the line.

Back
Top Bottom