Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hello All!

I moved to Covington about a year ago (apartment living, bleck) and am now looking to buy property in Tacoma. I saw there is a six hen limit and I am stoked!! Anyone out that way with advise if I do get the property? Offer is in and the house is right on the boarder with Spanaway. Pins and needles right now.
welcome-byc.gif
Great you get out of an apartment !

I was more just looking for any technical advise laws or regulations in the area. I know no roosters but otherwise all I am tracking is a 6 hen limit. And we are now in a bidding war.
1f62b.png
Best thing to do is first make sure your birds are not located close to any neighbors, and watch out if they have dogs running loose...make sure your chickens will be very well fenced.
Sometimes it all works out, but sometimes country folk would rather be left alone in their quiet.

I have worked all day today on my feet, which are throbbing now........................

I packed 15 1/2 gallon pots with soil & planted red cheese peppers, jalapenos, green paddy pans, yellow paddy pans, Black Beauty Zuchinni (I am not doing yellow Zuc this year...and maybe no spaghetti squash...but maybe 10-15 sweet meats in the compost pile......

Got what seemed like a million chicks vaccinated for Marek's yesterday................sorted more babies, shiped 2 boxes of chicks...........

I cleaned house, dusted, vacuumed, washed, folded, did "put and take" (which is putting stuff away!) and raked, and boxed weeds up...my hands are scratchy !!!

I am going to sit & watch a good movie and/or read a book...with my cat on my lap..........made sun tea.........have great ice tea !!!

Wonderful Day!!!!!!!!!
Yesterday was a "first" day...

First pork ribs on the barbie..............first sun tea............first potato salad........first baked beans (gotta have it with barbie'd pork spare ribs !! First wasps trying to make nests on the back porch..........
somad.gif
.............first vultures are here !....................awesome day !!!!!!!!!!

droolin.gif
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now it is starting to feel (and taste) like spring!!

Last edited:
Sure. I'm a believer in kombucha after what it did to my a1c. It can cause issues if you have hypoglycemia because of it's effects. Longer fermentation is best for help with blood sugar

If you can message him about it, I am going to message him too.
He was here today but had Diane & I did not want to talk in front of her....I kinda think she'd hate booch beings that is a bit sour.
Some people hate it..not matter that is could extend their lives !

I'll FB message him tonight. If she doesn't like the taste I'm not sure on a solution. Hubby hates it even with juice. Maybe a short fermentation as long as it gets to correct ph

Yesterday was a "first" day...

First pork ribs on the barbie..............first sun tea............first potato salad........first baked beans (gotta have it with barbie'd pork spare ribs !! First wasps trying to make nests on the back porch..........
somad.gif
.............first vultures are here !....................awesome day !!!!!!!!!!

@Chickielady , you know all things garden related........maybe you know whether this works or is an old tale!

I saw a post on one of my garden groups saying that if you take a brown paper bag and stuff it (like with plastic shopping bags) to make it into a puffy, roundish shape.......then tie the top and hang it up, like under the eaves or on your porch......that paper wasps will not build a nest in that area because they think the bag is the nest of a bald faced hornet......which is a predator of theirs.

I have tons of paper wasps that build in the eaves of my greenhouse/garden/wood shed. I will have to at least give this a try.

@Chickielady , you know all things garden related........maybe you know whether this works or is an old tale!

I saw a post on one of my garden groups saying that if you take a brown paper bag and stuff it (like with plastic shopping bags) to make it into a puffy, roundish shape.......then tie the top and hang it up, like under the eaves or on your porch......that paper wasps will not build a nest in that area because they think the bag is the nest of a bald faced hornet......which is a predator of theirs.

I have tons of paper wasps that build in the eaves of my greenhouse/garden/wood shed. I will have to at least give this a try.

Wowzer with death allergy to them I will be trying it

Some say it works, some say no...I do not think it works against really aggressive wasps, like yellow jackets, but probably works for paper wasps.
My big experiment tomorrow is to get my spray squirt bottle & put 50-50% ammonia/water in it & go spray weeds !
Somone says it kills them dead cuz it is basically far far far too much fertilizer for them to handle, but does not pollute the enviroment...so we'll see if it works !

*** Oh and I have to dig out the hornet traps, fill em' with some bacon & hang them up...haven't seen any yellow jackets yet, but with this weather it won't be long, and we had such a mild winter (again) I am sure this summer will be far worse with hornets (including bald face) yellow jackets & wasps...yippee !...NOT
hide.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom