Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

They rent their house. There are actually two houses on the property, the front house and a Backhaus. The people in the back house are complaining about all the chickens. The people in the front house have the chickens, they just throw food out the door into the yard including onto the sidewalk. The lady in the back house has fallen twice when she slipped on the rotting vegetables the lady threw out there. Their landlord has told them numerous times to get rid of most of the chickens but they just keep getting more of them. If that'll their landlord would just be tough about it he could solve the problem but so far he hasn't.and I don't want to raise a ruckus because then it can come back on me. The whole situation just stinks. And it's not right.

It sounds like the complainer should be talking to the landlord instead of Animal Control. If you are not violating any laws you would not have to get rid of your birds and they can not take them without reason. That would be like taking every dog in a neighborhood just because one person's dog barks day and night.

I drove 2 hours to get chicks today...i tended to get 6...but there were 7!

Cream brabanters "pullets" my hopes are for one roo and at least two pullets.

Didn't you say that you were getting them at a Feedstore? They seem like a really cool breed. One more to add to my want list. I keep finding all these cool chickens I want. I was going to get some blue Andalusians but the age difference between them and the other chicks I wanted was to bed. I didn't want to deal with fighting. Or the little ones getting hurt. So blue Andalusian is still on my Sunday list. The list is getting longer and longer and longer :)

I will say when I was buying them from Ace in Shelton never picked up a roo
but bought the batch at Del's 1/2 of what I picked up was roo I swear I am still seeing
cockerel in hens
idunno.gif
think I have gone cockerel crazy..
the way you need to put the cockerels in a dog crate and
bring them down @theceltichorse

I am getting concerned that one of my barred rocks is a roo. What to do if this is true? I will not keep it. List on craigslist? Find someone to do the dirty deed and give me back a bird ready for the soup pot?

Suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom