Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

It has been very hot here. Upper 90s, and supposed to be around 103 for a few days next week. So every few days I put electrolyte in the water and just about every day I hosed down there pen really really well to make it cool. And I don't let them out in the rest of the yard until about 7 o'clock in the evening. They have good shade in their pen so that helps a lot. They keep laying eggs pretty well though. I think all three of my newest ones are now laying.
I think one of my welsummers did not get the memo about laying dark eggs. She seems to lay light brown eggs. Oh well.

Good luck with that. I'm curious I have 8 coocko marans and one of them has some frizzle they are hatchery birds does that happen naturally at times or was there a miss breeding thing going on?
be careful not gospel understand there is genetic issues frizzle to frizzle but have not verified this either... did do some reading just say I would only use frizzle once as there are issues noted of less plumage but organ issues as well as meat birds it may not be bad

Last edited:
Shew its hot. Dug up garlic today looks like chesnok red purple stripe did the best nice big bulbs ended up with 50 bulbs all together should have plenty for the year. Chickens are hot hanging out under the low hanging walnut tree or sneaking in the barn tack room pooping on the cool concrete floor making a mess.

She thought happy thoughts
IMG_2407aa.jpg

IMG_2270aa.jpg

The white hen is filthy from dustbathing, I'm surprised it didn't show up in the picture. I don't even know how she got the patch of dirt on her crest. I scraped most of it off with a fingernail.

I only bathe them if needed. They stay pretty good unless they have access to mud. A few of them have figured out it makes a better styling gel than just water

Back
Top Bottom