Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

It is alternating between nice sunny days and really cold wet days. I have plastic up on the south and west side of the run because that’s where the wind comes from. That’s about all I’ve done so far to winterize.

I've been trying to get my exercise in. You know, a nice hour wade around the property.

Well it's not quite that bad. If I walk a specific route I can avoid most of the water that's over an inch deep. I should actually switch to my winter path because of the seasonal ponding. But waterproof boots and it's less laps on the longer path. It's never more than a few inches deep. The joy of living with wetlands.

That also means the pond is full again and the lilypads have died so it's time for pretty lake looking pictures of birds now.

Only wetlands we have are from the chickens in their yard they get one end the new coop gets the other silkies are the only ones that don't decimate their yard but I keep moving it around they get to run in the chicken tractor I picked up free

I've been trying to get my exercise in. You know, a nice hour wade around the property.

Well it's not quite that bad. If I walk a specific route I can avoid most of the water that's over an inch deep. I should actually switch to my winter path because of the seasonal ponding. But waterproof boots and it's less laps on the longer path. It's never more than a few inches deep. The joy of living with wetlands.

That also means the pond is full again and the lilypads have died so it's time for pretty lake looking pictures of birds now.
LOL. We've got a spot in the front yard that is lower lying than the rest of the property. We put the duck house and pen in that spot so they get a natural pond for 9 months out of the year. Even the ducks are getting sick of the constant wet.

Chickens are weird. Usually they don't molt heavy the first year, but, it is possible. The ones who do are usually the ones hatched early in the year

Chickens are weird. Usually they don't molt heavy the first year, but, it is possible. The ones who do are usually the ones hatched early in the year
These chickens were born in January or early February. She seems to stay with the flock pretty good when they are out in the yard but in the coop and the run she wants nothing to do with any of them, just sits in the corner by herself looking pitiful.

Back
Top Bottom