Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

My little stalkers. They follow me if I let them out. They are out sleeping with the old biddies for the second night.

Such variation between them even though they are full siblings.

View attachment 2167615
Can you imagine a flock of silkies with the hens all in that bottom color? I think I'm going to try and make it happen.
That would be soo pretty do you know the genetics of then girls?

Hello everyone in Washington! We have 6 two day old chicks that we are looking to sell for $3 each. Many have muffs but a few do not. They are all black variations because our Rooster is a Black Ameraucana. We are located in Yelm, WA. We are hoping to sell them to someone as soon as possible! Thank you for looking, I have included a picture of two of the chicks. Please let me know if you have any interest!

Attachments

• CE0109EE-2D50-49EB-B7D8-8D95A0DF594A.jpeg
    CE0109EE-2D50-49EB-B7D8-8D95A0DF594A.jpeg
    424 KB · Views: 1
That would be soo pretty do you know the genetics of then girls?

Yes. I even know which roosters. I keep pretty good records even if my hatching the mother was a lark to see what came from it. I want more chicks from that mother and will probably be putting her brother with some silkie hens to get genetics from him. It'll be a many year project because they take so long to mature.

will you buy a place now?

I have been here for 11 years. I'm selling this house and moving to take care of my mom. It's a nice big property and I've got lots of trees started in pots waiting to be planted. Sadly, I will probably miss my harvest date here and have only cabbage, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. I guess I can transplant my tomatoes.

Yes. I even know which roosters. I keep pretty good records even if my hatching the mother was a lark to see what came from it. I want more chicks from that mother and will probably be putting her brother with some silkie hens to get genetics from him. It'll be a many year project because they take so long to mature.
what are the genetics, Like they actual genes that are expressing themselves in the phenotype?

what are the genetics, Like they actual genes that are expressing themselves in the phenotype?

It was partridge silkie x wheaten ameraucana for the mother. These were from breeding back to partridge. I need a whole bunch more to do my attempt. Why I'm going to get the halfbreed rooster involved. I can spread out for a larger gene pool.

I probably shouldn't use any of these three because I know they are carrying recessive white. It popped up in my flock after 5 years of breeding. I'm not sure who is carrying carrying it now. I kept the white that turned out to be a rooster to test breed for it. They are such sweet things though.

Back
Top Bottom