Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

There are 3 Pacific crabapples and one random regular apple along the fence with the neighbors at the end of our drive. Previous owner butchered all the trees. Like just chopped randomly at chest height. I've been pruning them every winter for the last 9 years and they look like trees again.

The guy also just cut down bulldozed a lot of the trees on the front of the property and constantly ran heavy equipment over it and went mudding. We don't have the flooding issues as much now as I've been careful and allowed plants to come back.

There are dozens of the little native crabapple trees along the stream now. They started fruiting last year so I'll have much more in the coming years.

Nice! I have one of these trees but haven't done anything with the fruit (didn't know how to process it). When I first bought the house I had to research what it was with the tiny fruit - it's new to me and I'm native Washingtonian. I love learning new things. Thanks.

It's a two ingredient ratio recipe. I had 9 cups of juice in my pot. It can turn out a bit stiff for a jelly.

Remove stems and simmer in enough water to cover. Mash fruit into water when soft. Drain in jelly bag.

1 cup of juice
3/4 cup sugar
Boil about 20 minutes.
Jar and proccess in waterbath.

It's a two ingredient ratio recipe. I had 9 cups of juice in my pot. It can turn out a bit stiff for a jelly.

Remove stems and simmer in enough water to cover. Mash fruit into water when soft. Drain in jelly bag.

1 cup of juice
3/4 cup sugar
Boil about 20 minutes.
Jar and proccess in waterbath.
Thanks! I didn't have much fruit this year for some reason, maybe next year.

Okay sold 4 birds to a neighbor .. We have Mexican older folks that do not have great english skills ... So this gal wanted fresh birds for her daughters wedding I had 3 cockerel growing up, We could sell told her I have hen EE she layed 4 or 6 eggs none since she is year old you can stew her..
She wanted the 4.. Fast forward told her I would bring them to her as she does not drive .. Caught 2 of the boys last one was flighty found it's way to my little coop with Smudge my Marans coop and smudge then thought he should protect it. The ensuing Smudge escaped because I had a net (My birds hate nets)..
Smudge spent the night in the blackberry brambles other side of the property.
This morning I went out with my other half no dogs.. I found smudge still in the blackberry .. Started calling him by heavens he followed me to his coop .. It is raining here this morning he was pretty bedraggled .. BF did grab Smudge he was at the fence could not quite figure to come around the door...
BF was able to grab him by his feet placed him back with his girls...

Oh they learn what a net is really fast. Only my halfbreed rooster will risk getting near it and then only to attack the net if I grab a bird with it. If no one's caught, he runs with the rest of them. He's a brave thing trying to rescue hens and chicks. He never ever comes after me. If I grab them, he runs up and stops 3 feet away and bu-buks nervously while pacing. Once they settle he relaxes and wanders off.

I reroofed the silkie pens and finished the side walls yesterday afternoon. My back is killing me even more. I pulled something with that AC and should have taken it easy but rain was coming.

My dark partridge hen. She was disgruntled with me and Athena was checking to see if she was okay when I was taking pictures.
20200922_172715.jpg

Back
Top Bottom