Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I would separate him till hormones settle a bit he should know the ones that are receptive and those that are not do you have a place to keep him for a few months
The hens know what to do, they won't let him do anything...yet.
And he is way smaller anyway, thank you for the advice though!

So I've been keeping an eye on Leven's spurs. Usually I have to snip the tip every two months. It was attempting to grow into his leg. Well when I checked beginning of last month and the spurs had started twisting. I grabbed him today. The spurs are growing behind the legs now without danger of hurting him. By spring I may be able to get some weird leg pictures. Well weirder than an eleven toed rooster.

He's not aggressive so I don't care if he has spurs. I just was trimming it regularly. Just a fast nip with the dog nail clippers. I've probably cut 2 inches total from it during his life. He really grows spurs. It will be interesting to see the looped spurs growing out to his sides.

One of the pure silkies has this issue as well except his don't grow fast. Half my silkie roosters don't even have spurs. I have 5 silkie roosters. Yes that means one has just one spur.

Back
Top Bottom