Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

CrazyCochin

You can never go wrong, when you go right!
May 21, 2019
Washington State, aka The pacific NorthWest
Thanks!
We have three larger roosters in there, but before the third rooster, all are LF, we ended up with hens that have no rear, tail, or back feathers, is there a way to prevent plucking? I think some of the other hens are to blame as well.
if you see bald necks or back pull him out then

Hinotori

Silver Feathers
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Apr 27, 2011
Graham, WA
So I've been keeping an eye on Leven's spurs. Usually I have to snip the tip every two months. It was attempting to grow into his leg. Well when I checked beginning of last month and the spurs had started twisting. I grabbed him today. The spurs are growing behind the legs now without danger of hurting him. By spring I may be able to get some weird leg pictures. Well weirder than an eleven toed rooster.

Hinotori

Silver Feathers
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Apr 27, 2011
Graham, WA
He's not aggressive so I don't care if he has spurs. I just was trimming it regularly. Just a fast nip with the dog nail clippers. I've probably cut 2 inches total from it during his life. He really grows spurs. It will be interesting to see the looped spurs growing out to his sides.

One of the pure silkies has this issue as well except his don't grow fast. Half my silkie roosters don't even have spurs. I have 5 silkie roosters. Yes that means one has just one spur.

penny1960

Yippity do Da Yippity ay
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Dec 29, 2015
Mossyrock, WA
Came home with 7 peeps 2 are blue marans rest barnyard mix
Started raining here was going up to take a photo chickened out with rain.. break in rain got photos
002.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom