Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Here are the two bachelor pad pens. They are connected and there is a spot in the fence where they can go between each pen.
image.jpg

My silkies think snow kills. I've never had a silkie so much as step on snow ever.

The large fowl are still half in the "snow is acid" stage for the year. Some of them came out but they have a large dry coop they'd rather be in.

Everyone got scratch and water.

Not much snow overnight or today. No need for me to rake the silkie roof.

My tiny shed I put up as a root cellar is holding out well. I had covered it inside with reflective insulation. I have a 100 watt bulb run out there to keep it from freezing. One of my precious few bulbs from my old chick brooder stock. It is in a brooder reflector so I could put in a heat lamp.

First snow stick of the season here in NE Olympia.

A couple of our Rooster boys had their first taste of the fluffy white stuff! The Silkie boy was actually quite adventurous and didn't hate it as much as our other Chickies.
AM-JKLUUcRBkv3vL7oPnrsCvygsHr0K5Sh3XExyrWwPSDIWW4PgAnrNARkpKrPHtnuTvSUbzglYFKYGCDOsjxzP1DgNEPh7lSQDVuvjrz0BaiK9mUdFMumk-EXW1Unk702pVnkHQq40Ffvn0AC8uMdP9W54a8A=w3434-h2888-no

AM-JKLXMzk5b4s8CLuPzUWU8JENIaxNU26r6Yv8Q5MdeiI2whaybmA8NFWAe__o8m7qeSd8mnyxmWXOw7b-JVN570hajvo2hOh-Nc9qOVPVRnfWW7OSoIkqWMmgH3d1ghETsz-G22Kdbt6RBC2QuAGTNjprenA=w3430-h2573-no

...and we have some sweet Anna's Hummingbirds that were cold and hungry, but the feeders were frozen - a fresh batch of warm nectar to take the chill off and they are happy as can be!
AM-JKLXBidI-_b6DzMkV9stnLcFwdW1-uv04LTwv542kGEuQLTVPLDwb2_HcUhs1pCmXxp9Xot2SnxNWS_W2gwtknSlcnImAfG6rlACj-DJgts5aOSch0o2Qe7Q_Ktnb-PEEqXRDkcsEaT5sQHNz_Q4IQhGX5Q=w1442-h1082-no

AM-JKLWzLHC9BLl7T7JNOPfzIdf9fRXzbN9Boa5Z7V0-pViEUaImb1hs--bf_uUz49Ahw_HGd8vy29a6_egMiVewFZczMunFs7I4BCXmObWPk3Qzj7qNmEVCICM7G-LUAhX92PU6MdUekf-iPrWjt9j1NixCUQ=w1442-h1082-no

About 3-4" so far here. Shoveled out pathways for the chickens so they're all out in the run at least but all huddled under cover. Made it to the next town for breakfast but place was closed by the time we got there so ended up going through the Taco Time drive through.

And yes I check the hummingbird feeders too whenever I'm outside - rotating between 2 feeders outside and 2 defrosting inside a shower.

About 3-4" so far here. Shoveled out pathways for the chickens so they're all out in the run at least but all huddled under cover. Made it to the next town for breakfast but place was closed by the time we got there so ended up going through the Taco Time drive through.

And yes I check the hummingbird feeders too whenever I'm outside - rotating between 2 feeders outside and 2 defrosting inside a shower.
We were surprised to see the hummingbirds still here and active, so we'll keep the feeders out for a few more days and bring them in at night to prevent freezing (again). I thought they'd have migrated south by now.

Back
Top Bottom