Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Our power went out again as I was going to sleep around 1:00 am. Hubby made a fire this morning, with blanket wrapped people huddled about (our sons). Power came back on at 11:00 am. What a wild windy howling kind of night we had. No wonder it went out. Chickens are glad all the crazy weather is done and they can come out. 🌞 Even came out today.
Got 6 eggs yesterday, 5 today. One new layer is giving me nice darker brown elongated "torpedo" eggs, which still weigh out to be a large egg at 60 gms.

Last edited:
Cleaned out the smaller coop, totally changing the shavings..Why is it that they all of a sudden get interested in the discarded bedding that I throw into their run? As if there are magically appearing treats, or something. Nice thing is that the rain held off until I was done. Nice to have tolerable temps. Gave them pineapple skins to peck off the leftover flesh in them. Nice and sweet treat.
5 eggs today. Getting leftovers eaten up from Christmas, including the desserts. So glad I have 3 grown sons who are helping eat the desserts, especially. My friend made me a tres leches cake, and I'm glad I didn't have to eat all of it myself. Now, to get back off of sugar. Made some lovely French toast this morning with the Challah bread I had leftover as well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom