Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

jumpy.gif
I have one RIR out, 26 to go.
wee.gif

I love this idea. This guy is great. LOL!

Video link.................

http://www.komonews.com/news/offbea...-This-Portland-man-is-your-guy-182757161.html

Need an ugly Christmas sweater? This Portland man is your guy

By Valerie Hurst, KATU News Staff and KATU.com Web Staff Published: Dec 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM PST

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Andrew Hume tried making a quick shopping trip last year to prepare for his ugly Christmas sweater party.

But there was a problem: All the ugliest -- er, most festive sweaters -- were picked over.

So began the Northeast Portland man’s venture into business: scoping out, buying and sell the most hideous of Christmas sweaters.

“I’m not doing this drive around town for a week trying to find Christmas sweaters,” Hume said.

He started his online business this year, called www.uglyChristmassweatershq.com, and bought his product, about 200 sweaters, from a wholesale seller.
There’s everything: a Cardinal theme, wreath theme and a really ugly Christmas tree theme, to name a few.

So if you’re looking for jingle bells, fluffy gnomes or teddy bears, he’s your guy.

Hume said he’s sold 25 sweaters and his website has only been live for a week.

Bringing others the joy of finding the perfect tacky look has made his holiday brighter.

“I’ve had some bad years where I wasn’t into Christmas and this has just turned that around,” he said.

Last edited:
What are the most high production brown egg layers you guys know of, that also aren't ornery like most RIRs? I like them to be social with me, but I also want as many eggs as possible. I'm just thinking ahead for springtime and hoping for a broody and hatching eggs or baby chicks to slip under her. Once we retrofit the coop I can easily see a mama hen being able to brood a few chicks to add to our flock that way
lol.png
Aren't you reading peoples response to you ??
idunno.gif
LOL !! If you want lots of brown eggs for your buck then you need to get sexlinks ( gold, red, black, red or black star .comets) there are several names for basically the same kind of chicken. Each hatchery calls them by a different name. I have BR, RIR, Welsumers,Javas, buckeyes, Australorps, & Wyandottes. My gold sexlinks lay way more eggs then any of these other breeds I have. and are more friendly TOO !!!!!!!!!!! AND they EAT LESS !!!

I don't think you can say one breed is more friendly or ornery then others. I think it depends on the individual chicken. I bough two RIR's three years ago . I picked them out of the same bin. One was ornery then heck (I got rid of her) the other is my most friendly girl. she follows me everywhere and comes when I call her name. She will have a home here as long as shes alive

Hey everyone! I just called Pam Buck at Raincreek. Super personable, and helpful!

She says that if I get chicks from her, they would be two days old (being vaccinated) and it would be straight run (just learned what that means). How many chickens should I get with the best possibility of getting at least two females? Sorry boys, you'll be dinner. I doubt my neighbors would appreciate them.

Thanks!

Hey everyone! I just called Pam Buck at Raincreek. Super personable, and helpful!

She says that if I get chicks from her, they would be two days old (being vaccinated) and it would be straight run (just learned what that means). How many chickens should I get with the best possibility of getting at least two females? Sorry boys, you'll be dinner. I doubt my neighbors would appreciate them.

Thanks!
She has gold and black sexlinks. you will get girls for sure. they are sexed at birth. I might get mine there. if ya go straight run, I would get at LEAST three, Four would be better!

Today at 3:30, a man with an assault rifle walked into Clackams Town Center's food court and opened fire. At least 1 confirmed dead and several injured. Shooter has been neutralized. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

What are the most high production brown egg layers you guys know of, that also aren't ornery like most RIRs? I like them to be social with me, but I also want as many eggs as possible. I'm just thinking ahead for springtime and hoping for a broody and hatching eggs or baby chicks to slip under her. Once we retrofit the coop I can easily see a mama hen being able to brood a few chicks to add to our flock that way
lol.png

I have to side with everyone else and go with sexlinks. I love my black sexlink. She's a very chatty friendly thing. I think they are very attractive with their red feathers on the face and chest. And that hawk face! I have a golden sexlink who likes to creep up behind me and stab me in the back of the knee to show her affection. She is seven and only recently stopped laying.

Quote:
goodpost.gif
You really need to try a sex link Jess, if you haven't. Ginger is an egg machine-- I wish I liked eggs! I'd have 8 Gingers :)
YES, I was reading! I was just musing too, and looking in my books. I will definitely go for sex links this spring, but I can only do what I can get a hold of; I won't brood my own chicks ever again, dont' have the setup to introduce new birds and DH would have a hissy fit if I bought a new coop. I will HAVE to wait until someone goes broody and then find hatching eggs OR just hatched chicks to put under her. I am PRAYING someone goes broody in Feb/March!! I also want Barred Rocks though, so I'm thinking of getting sexed chicks (maybe 3 sex links and 3 BR) and slipping them under one of the gals who's been sitting on dummies, that way I'm mostly certain I won't get all boys from hatching eggs :p

Back
Top Bottom