Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Well, I introduced some scrap grass hay to my chicken run. At first they walked on it like it was hot lava but as soon as threw their scratch in there, they all practically dive bombed into it. Will be putting another wheel barrel full in there later today :) They will enjoy walking on the hay instead of the hard dirt...lol
Just keep in mind that if it gets left very long it will pack with mud and cackle spackle and become pretty difficult to remove. Also IMHO the hay makes great nest box material.

Don't they have a play area for little kids?
I HIGHLY recommend AGAINST putting children in the IKEA nursery at the height of flu season.
he.gif

Well..... I sure was way far behind.... Lol.... So 10 or 11 at ikea this Saturday is fine, I will have my 6yr old with me..... Just let me know
I am now bringing my whole family. Isaac wanted to come and I was going to bring my 2y/o so he could play with the other LO there, but if you're bringing your 6 year old I might as well bring my 6y/o too! LOL And of course Jeanine will be there and she's 4.
OK kids seems I only got part of the info about the SATURDAY meet up. Could somebody PM or e-mail me when, where, never know I just might be there !!
I will PM you but for everyone who's coming, we will meet at the IKEA restaurant in the middle of the store (not the quick-stop by the checkout end) at 10:30am THIS Saturday the 2nd. I will have my chicken purse and my family of 3 kids/hubby with me!

Quote: I think they have to be potty trained. And I know my two year olds wouldn't have let me leave them LOL.

Correct, the DO have to be potty trained. Mine want to go there but there's NO way I'd put them in there with the flu being so rampant. Yes, we already had the flu, but I'm certain there are other strains just lingering in the IKEA playplace waiting to pounce in my kids mouth as soon as they walk in the door.
lau.gif

Good luck! Mine are hatching as of this morning. Pretty fun, but stressful too.

Thank you! I learned I already made a mistake. I put in too much water. Thankfully I was able to fix it before it was too late. This is good practice though for when I start taking eggs from my breeding pens and hatching them. This whole hatching buissness is already very fun! Crossing my fingers that you get a good hatch.

Quote:
Yeah, there's no way my kid would let me leave him in a strange place and I sure wouldn't want to! Especially with all the colds and flu going around. But he's been pretty clingy since our long trip to TX over the holidays.

I'll try to make it on Saturday, but it will depend on how much stalling the kid does.

Jennifer

Quote:
Yeah, there's no way my kid would let me leave him in a strange place and I sure wouldn't want to! Especially with all the colds and flu going around. But he's been pretty clingy since our long trip to TX over the holidays.

I'll try to make it on Saturday, but it will depend on how much stalling the kid does.

Jennifer

Oh my gosh y'all are too funny! My kids LOVE those places and I hate them. I don't ever put them in when they ask, I want them to be with me! They'll pretty much go anywhere without me, they don't care one bit. But yeah...the germ factory is a bit much to consider this time of year.

Jenn, you HAVE to come. NO stalling. Put some clothes on both of y'all and get down there!
clap.gif

Anyone who's coming Saturday to IKEA, can you shoot me a quick PM with how many of you are coming? That way I can arrange some tables. I will PM you back with my phone number so you can text or call if you need anything.

Back
Top Bottom