Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

barnie.gif
Haha, Travis, I will get a close up in the morning, I had a pic on here a few weeks back wondering and the response I got on the "What breed/gender" thread leaned toward pullet. Have not seen any hackle feathers on any of them, but the EE...they seem to have a different feather shape is all I can tell.

So sorry to hear about your Minnow TerrorBird
sad.png
hugs.gif

My heart is broken, for my Minnow passed on today. I walked in the chicken house and found her lying on the floor. She was such a silly, funny girl. My hen house will never be the same.

Aw, so sorry Terrorbird! But glad she lived a good, long life.

Here's a picture of my two, Niqui and Fluffy, in the pen on Tuesday.

Cute chicks!
big_smile.png

MikeyB I set 38 eggs today :) I have never hatched so many at once, I am getting so many eggs they are very fresh, 8 eggs a day!! so I collected for 4 days and then set them, left room for my hygrometer. bator only holds 42, lol anyway I am hoping for a good hatch, everything I Broke open the days before were fertile. I have one rooster over 9 hens. he is a busy boy but getting the job done, anyone else want some import english orp stock let me know, I cant keep 38 babies!! lol

Who was it that wanted an old trailer? Here ya go! It's in Yelm and it's free!
Link to CL
When I called, the guy said his wife jumped the gun, he wanted $150.00 for it. Tires need air (more like repair) and the floor is soft. Free, I would have considered it as a fishing camp abode.
Hopefully someone will get it for free though.

Hello fellow Washingtonians! I hope you can help me. After a jaunt through the poultry barn at the Puyallup spring fair today I finally decided that I am definitely going to get a couple of LF Cochins for my backyard. I do not want to mail-order. I raised bantum cochins when I was a kid and I'm pretty good at spotting the hens and roosters as chicks, so I want to be able to pick them out. I was wondering if any of you know where I can find this great breed? I would be happy to go to a feed store or a breeder. I live in the greater Seattle area and I would rather not go further than an hour to an hour and a half out, but depending on the response I may change my mind. Any help or direction you could offer would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

MikeyB I set 38 eggs today
smile.png
I have never hatched so many at once, I am getting so many eggs they are very fresh, 8 eggs a day!! so I collected for 4 days and then set them, left room for my hygrometer. bator only holds 42, lol anyway I am hoping for a good hatch, everything I Broke open the days before were fertile. I have one rooster over 9 hens. he is a busy boy but getting the job done, anyone else want some import english orp stock let me know, I cant keep 38 babies!! lol
Awwwe dang it. I just got a "bakers dozen" from CL, my Jersey Giants.
I will have to think on this because I would have to modify my coop for my original flock to house them as I'm separating the JG into a there own coop/run.

What an ugly bummer of a day! My girls won't be getting any treats until I can get outside and clean out the 80lb treat bin In some good weather then mix more treats....they're gonna be mad ;)

I will have a ballcap on with a big T on it with a chicken at the bat. And of course I will be in disguise, beard and mustache, oh wait that's what I look like.
(see avatar lol)

I wonder if any will recognize the baseball team?
Looks like I'll be the with a gaggle of girls at least Mikayla and Justine maybe Miss M's two buddies. I'll try and track you down

Back
Top Bottom