Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I'll try a scrambled egg in the morning. She gets chick grit already. Thanks so much for all the info guys.much appreciated

If it is failure to thrive there is not much one can do. Try electrolytes in the water, wet medicated chick starter and I would pair it with a friend a house them together. I will be home this afternoon if you would like me to drop by
The

Oh, Man!!! I wish I could have figured out a way to make it to the show! Sounds like everyone had a great time, and came home with ribbons and chickies. Keep the pictures coming!

When I turned on the light this morning it was like ants for the food and water. Then some of the chicks couldn't figure out how to get back under the silkie. She raised up if they went to the front, but some were hopping up on her then crying. Stick them under a wing and silence.

I need to give that silkie some extra treats for taking the chicks. She'd only been broody a week and a half. I had everything ready in case she didn't.

Does anyone here knit or crotchet or sew washcloths/handtowels and have a shop link they could send me? Or if you don't have a shop, perhaps tell me a bit about your product?

Does anyone here work with wood that would be interested in making wooden soap dishes? I can send you a link to exactly what I'm looking for, if you send me a message!

I'd like to add these items to my gift baskets in my Susdy Chick shop. I'd rather stock eco-friendly & locally handmade towels and washcloths and soap dishes, and you all are a crafty bunch!
big_smile.png

Hi All,
Need to be fast this morning which isn't easy, ugh. We got home awfully late last night after a full day of going to the show, running around Portland for a variety of stuff, and getting together with family in the evening. Then the long drive back to Kitsap. Glad DH does the driving, my eyes droop much too easily.

It was super meeting Mikeyb and Stumpfarmer and her daughter, great people. I got to see others I already knew and missed a few, dang! Dave... you were late... Hinotori was apparently hiding from me (luv the chick pics)... and the others I just didn't recognize apparently. Well, hopefully at the next potluck I'll do better. Congrats on the ribbons, the new chicks, birds, and all!

I hope the little chick that's under the weather perks up today, good luck!

Congrats to the little reader / dancer. And Hi to the little one with her baby chick. Just love all the littles, be they feathered or not!

Have a great day everyone!!

ETA:

My favorite thing I saw at the show was the TINY quail chicks for sale. They're the size of a walnut.
ya.gif

Last edited:
If it is failure to thrive there is not much one can do. Try electrolytes in the water, wet medicated chick starter and I would pair it with a friend a house them together. I will be home this afternoon if you would like me to drop by
The

Thanks Velvettfog. She has had the electrolytes since day 1 with yes. I'm going to try the drops and the scrambled eggs. If she doesn't snap out of it it would be great if you could stop by to take a look at her. I will keep everyone informed! :) thanks again guys!

Ok you clever coop builders.... I've been toying with this idea for quite a while and I want your input. Trav... I think this is your fault having made your pallet coop.
smile.png

Wouldn't it be possible to use several of these doors, attached to one another to make coop walls? Then painted to resist the weather? I'd even leave the door knobs on as decoration!
What is the downside to this idea?

Hi All,
Need to be fast this morning which isn't easy, ugh.  We got home awfully late last night after a full day of going to the show, running around Portland for a variety of stuff, and getting together with family in the evening.  Then the long drive back to Kitsap.  Glad DH does the driving, my eyes droop much too easily. 

It was super meeting Mikeyb and Stumpfarmer and her daughter, great people.  I got to see others I already knew and missed a few, dang!  Dave... you were late... Hinotori was apparently hiding from me (luv the chick pics)... and the others I just didn't recognize apparently.  Well, hopefully at the next potluck I'll do better.  Congrats on the ribbons, the new chicks, birds, and all!

I hope the little chick that's under the weather perks up today, good luck!

Congrats to the little reader / dancer.  And Hi to the little one with her baby chick.  Just love all the littles, be they feathered or not! 

Have a great day everyone!!

ETA:

My favorite thing I saw at the show was the TINY quail chicks for sale.  They're the size of a walnut:ya
Anna agrees with you on the quails, any time she went missing I'd look up and there she was, looking at the quail chicks.

I was as bad about the Sumatra LF. They ping the same aquisitive instincts as pea fowl, and might be a placebo cure for that insanity.

Does anyone here knit or crotchet or sew washcloths/handtowels and have a shop link they could send me? Or if you don't have a shop, perhaps tell me a bit about your product?

Does anyone here work with wood that would be interested in making wooden soap dishes? I can send you a link to exactly what I'm looking for, if you send me a message!

I'd like to add these items to my gift baskets in my Susdy Chick shop. I'd rather stock eco-friendly & locally handmade towels and washcloths and soap dishes, and you all are a crafty bunch! :D

I made soap dishes woven from splits of cedar split on-grain back the year my daughter and I made water-process suet and lye soap for Christmas presents, but that was a very long time ago.

Ok you clever coop builders.... I've been toying with this idea for quite a while and I want your input. Trav... I think this is your fault having made your pallet coop. :) Wouldn't it be possible to use several of these doors, attached to one another to make coop walls? Then painted to resist the weather? I'd even leave the door knobs on as decoration! What is the downside to this idea?
Are they real wood doors or particle board? The latter would need serious sealant (epoxy, maybe?) top and bottom, and weatherproof primer to keep from falling apart when exposed to weather. Interior grade doors would need the exterior primer and should have their upper edges under eaves. Exterior doors are mostly good to go.

Back
Top Bottom