Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

MikeyB..........................how are your babies ??????????????????

We need pics please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya.gif

MikeyB..........................how are your babies ??????????????????

We need pics please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya.gif
They are BIG, REALLY, REALLY BIG. Just found my camera yesterday, got it charged up and......................forgot to take pictures. Will try to remember to do it later today and post.
Looks like 3 cockerals, 10 hens, but will post pics soon.

So of the 6 ameraucana chicks I got from pips&peeps at the Vancouver show, it looks like 1 male and 1 female wheaten, and 1 male and 3 female silvers. They were all being nice and friendly with me up until a few days ago. Now they think I will eat them. If I have cheese shreds they will still mob me.

They don't all fit under the silkie mama anymore, but there is always someone to sleep under at night. Watching them try and stuff under the hen during the day is so funn.

Hi guys !!!!!!!!! And mommas !
Happy Mother's Day to all !

I am relaxing as much as I can......so exhausted !
th.gif

I got a 100 gallon potable water tank for Mother's Day !!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

How cool is that ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
gig.gif

So far, I have 3 broody hens with eggs...Muscovy Ducks on day 29......and another Jersey Giant hen trying to be broody............................
barnie.gif

I have 1 Cuckoo Marans hen broody in the recently vacated chicken tractor (perfect for broodies) as the cornballs are all in the freezer now...............
1 Black java hen broody in the chick brooder............................and 1 Cuckoo Marans hen broody in a breeding pen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif

Now off to make GF pizza with motzerella and peperonios...................................
th.gif
Hey CL, nice to see you again. Bad news is I still have to wear the neck brace, so won't be able to visit really soon. Good news is, I'm still kicking. House looks good - you need art! (hehe)

Hi all!
I am super new-first 6 chicks are about 2wks old (ish)
I'm in Kirkland and I'm looking forward to learning all sorts of new things!
Sarah

My new babies!!!

They are Cream Legbar chicks, 2 from my own flock and 4 from Shipped eggs.

These are a classic boy on top, a girl on the Left and a sport white boy on the right.

These are 2 boys

And this s a girl, still splotchy from egg goo from a tough hatch.

Peeping away in the back room again. I now have chicks in the house, chicks in the barn and 2 coops with adults. Now when can I hatch more? LOL.
Very Cute Little Peepers!!
Dagnabit and rats! 2 eggs from my broody are broken, one had a chick developing. She was quite calm when I picked her up to peek. She's a sweetie.
Still has 4 eggs under her.
fl.gif
Bummer about the broken eggs but good luck with the other 4
fl.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah, phooey. I'm in a state of suspended judgement about the eggs in the incubator: I have an analog thermometer on top of the eggs and a digital one alongside the fan power cable, and the analog one is rock steady while the digital varies with external temps- which it should, it's by an air leak. But until they start to rock, I'm not counting on anything, although preparing accommodations for them of course.
Hang in there!
Anyone have experience with shipped eggs? Just did my 7 day candle on my first batch of shipped eggs ever, decent fertility but all the air cells are bigger than normal and jiggly compared to local eggs in same tray. Advice? Or continue to let them develop and just see what happens?
How long did you let them sit when after they got there Matt?
I run humidity at 40-45% days 1-18, then up it to 60-65% and that's always worked great, just have never shipped eggs in before. The ones you've had success with have the air cells been jiggly? Should I maybe turn the turner off for a couple days and see if it firms up at all?
Let them go you got it!!
We have a chick! Or, at least one I should say, since I only saw one blue shell and heard peeping. I am sitting on my hands as to not disturb Miss Blueberry. I brought her water this morning too - she drank quite a bit. Good mama! I'll keep you updated
big_smile.png
Sa!WEET!!!!!
Here is Blueberry with some of her babies!

By this afternoon, two of the bantam EEs had come out.

This adorable d'Uccle popped her head out just long enough to see what mama was chirping about, then she disappeared again.

These two were eating and drinking well, and hang out at the front.

Blueberry chose this tiny little nest box, I will move her and the chicks to the broody coop once they are finished hatching.
love.gif
These are the Cutest pics ever!!
Hi guys !!!!!!!!! And mommas !
Happy Mother's Day to all !

I am relaxing as much as I can......so exhausted !
th.gif

I got a 100 gallon potable water tank for Mother's Day !!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

How cool is that ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
gig.gif

So far, I have 3 broody hens with eggs...Muscovy Ducks on day 29......and another Jersey Giant hen trying to be broody............................
barnie.gif

I have 1 Cuckoo Marans hen broody in the recently vacated chicken tractor (perfect for broodies) as the cornballs are all in the freezer now...............
1 Black java hen broody in the chick brooder............................and 1 Cuckoo Marans hen broody in a breeding pen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif

Now off to make GF pizza with motzerella and peperonios...................................
th.gif
I hope you got some R&R time in you need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi all!
I am super new-first 6 chicks are about 2wks old (ish)
I'm in Kirkland and I'm looking forward to learning all sorts of new things!
Sarah
welcome-byc.gif

Hi all,

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

We have a 6+ month purebred cuckoo maran rooster that we need to find a new home for. Unfortunately, our next door neighbor doesn't appreciate his singing nearly as much as we do! We have raised him on scratch and peck feed, organic chicken scraps, and lots of loving. He walks a fine line between being a friendly awesome bird and being a guard rooster ... he'll eat out of our hands but he will also try to attack us when we get too close to 'his' coop. He is a great rooster and we are sad to see him go! We are asking $30.

Thanks! Hope everyone had a great day!

I've attempted to attach a photo below. Oh, and we are just north of Seattle in Shoreline, btw!

Peace,
Cate

Hi all,

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

We have a 6+ month purebred cuckoo maran rooster that we need to find a new home for. Unfortunately, our next door neighbor doesn't appreciate his singing nearly as much as we do! We have raised him on scratch and peck feed, organic chicken scraps, and lots of loving. He walks a fine line between being a friendly awesome bird and being a guard rooster ... he'll eat out of our hands but he will also try to attack us when we get too close to 'his' coop. He is a great rooster and we are sad to see him go! We are asking $30.

Thanks! Hope everyone had a great day!

I've attempted to attach a photo below. Oh, and we are just north of Seattle in Shoreline, btw!

Peace,
Cate
Good lookin Roo! I'd take him but I already have almost as many Roos as I do hens!! Lol

Here is Blueberry with some of her babies!

By this afternoon, two of the bantam EEs had come out.

Blueberry chose this tiny little nest box, I will move her and the chicks to the broody coop once they are finished hatching.
love.gif

What great pictures of the cutest little family! I love the first picture SOOOOO much! You should submit it for the next BYC calendar!

Aww, thanks!

He really is very good looking.

Had him on Craigslist and someone came and offered me $75 for him. Was tempted to take it, but had a feeling they were going to fight him so I declined. I mean, who pays $75 for a rooster!?

Forgot to mention that I would totally also be willing to trade him for some chicks!

Thanks, everyone!

Back
Top Bottom