Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Butchered some meaties (himself did) so today I'm going to can some up. I like canned chicken; it's ready cooked, plus, it saves freezer space. While I love to cook, there are those days when I want something simple, but NOT fast food. I might try some fish as well.
o
Now that the pasture is back (with a vengeance, all that duck and chicken poo made it really lush) we are thinking of getting more poultry. I miss those lovely fresh eggs
sad.png

ohhhhh..... I can see the fun starting in Oly!!!
big_smile.png

Hello all. New to posting, but have been reading and learning lots on the past two months since we started this chicken adventure. I am in SW Wash and have 8 chickens ... 3 red sex links, 2 spotted Sussex, and 3 amauracauna bantams (one is a Roo so will need to find a new home soon!).

Hello and welcome to all the new people!
I'm HoneysuckleHills. I don't post a lot but I read everything.

A couple of us are thinking about having a meet-up in the Northend this weekend.

We like to meet at Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park.
They have lots of tables and several restaurants and a bakery.
(Some folks eat, some don't.)

Anyone interested?
It's a great way to put faces to names.

Hello and welcome to all the new people!
I'm HoneysuckleHills. I don't post a lot but I read everything.

A couple of us are thinking about having a meet-up in the Northend this weekend.

We like to meet at Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park.
They have lots of tables and several restaurants and a bakery.
(Some folks eat, some don't.)

Anyone interested?
It's a great way to put faces to names.

Please make this on Sunday. I would love to join you all and meet folks. I'm going to the fair in Puyallup on Sat. though.

Swedish Flower Cockrel needs a wonderful home.

Hello all,
My daughters and I hatched Swedish Flower Hens this spring and were absolutely delighted with how sweet and personable they all have been. We got really lucky to get 4 pullets, but of course, our most favorite, the sweetest, in your pocket, blowing kisses in your ear baby turned out to be a cockrel. His name is Rowen and he is beautiful. He runs to see us any time we come to the coop. He even stands on our feet until we pick him up. He is the sweetest chicken we have ever had and we have kept him as long as we can but he started trying to crow this morning so the time has come. We are all heart broken to have to let him go but the neighbors just can't be bought off with fresh eggs. (We've tried!)

If you don't know anything about Swedish Flower Hens they are a rare land race from Sweden. They were imported by Greenfire Farm in Florida who started their introduction to the United States. You can read all about their story at greenfirefarms.com. We have found the Flowers to be especially friendly and curious. They are really fun to have around and the roosters are particularly beautiful.

Rowen needs a happy home where someone wants him because he is a beautiful and sweet rooster. I don't want him to end up in a freezer.

We are located in the Monroe/Woodinville area and I would be happy to meet someone halfway if needed. Please feel free to PM me with any questions. Oh and he hatched March 17th.

Please make this on Sunday. I would love to join you all and meet folks. I'm going to the fair in Puyallup on Sat. though.
And we'd like to meet you!
You're the second person asking for a Sunday so let's go with Sunday.
Any particular time?

edited to add:
Slinglings, you wanted Sunday, too. How about you? What time works best?
I'm open all day.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom