Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Well buggahs, my daughter tried her dangdest but had to work. So if anyone's looking for me I'll be the lost looking crazy redhead drooling over the most ridiculous chicken specimens today
lau.gif

Have an excellent day of it all!
frow.gif

I have been meaning to post this for a couple of days now. Update on my run. It does look a little patch-worky, that was my way of experimentng with different ways of making the run modular. This is the first half of their enclosed run, I'll be adding another similar enclosure to the far side of the coop next week.

The far side is permanent. The end is semi-permanent, the screen panel can be removed by removing 4 screws.

The roof coems out too.

The front has a door that opens up, a small door for chickens to pass to a future tractor, and finally a panel the comes out completely.

For now it's off to the fair for some fun.
cool.png

Last edited:
I hope all y'all have a great time in Puyallup today; me, I've got too much to do to go anywhere except places that sell gourmet cheese and clipper parts, or something.

Got most of enough sleep last night, although the part where I woke up with leg cramps was unpleasant.

No eggs yet, both rat baits gone, feeders let down to chicken height...Now I have to take a double handful of pills (I'm trying psyllium for blood-fats, since the dose of Lipitor that doesn't leave me screaming in pain doesn't put my labs where my doc wants them and an extremely low-fat diet screws up my diabetic control like whoa and does nothing good about my blood fats: yes, my life is all bad choices).

I hope all y'all have a great time in Puyallup today; me, I've got too much to do to go anywhere except places that sell gourmet cheese and clipper parts, or something.

Got most of enough sleep last night, although the part where I woke up with leg cramps was unpleasant.

No eggs yet, both rat baits gone, feeders let down to chicken height...Now I have to take a double handful of pills (I'm trying psyllium for blood-fats, since the dose of Lipitor that doesn't leave me screaming in pain doesn't put my labs where my doc wants them and an extremely low-fat diet screws up my diabetic control like whoa and does nothing good about my blood fats: yes, my life is all bad choices).

Doesn't it go on tomorrow as well? Or is it just for today?

Doesn't it go on tomorrow as well? Or is it just for today?

Oh, I'm a little busier tomorrow: I don't drive, so weekends are pretty much twice as much work as week days.

I have been meaning to post this for a couple of days now. Update on my run. It does look a little patch-worky, that was my way of experimentng with different ways of making the run modular. This is the first half of their enclosed run, I'll be adding another similar enclosure to the far side of the coop next week.

The far side is permanent. The end is semi-permanent, the screen panel can be removed by removing 4 screws.

The roof coems out too.

The front has a door that opens up, a small door for chickens to pass to a future tractor, and finally a panel the comes out completely.

For now it's off to the fair for some fun.
cool.png
Paradox: this looks awesome. Thanks for posting. I'm working on my own design for a short run and access for cleaning is my main concern.
Have fun at the fair and we'll see you tomorrow at noon.
Looks like Slinglings, TerrorBird, Sudsy Chick, Jenn, and I'm not sure who else is coming.
New peeps - please feel free to join us. It's really wonderful to know folks outside of chatting on the forum.
A lot of us get together and help each other out with building and whatnot.

How late does the show go on for at the puyallup fair today? I want to go see all the chickens but hubby got called in for a job and I'm worried I might miss it.

Mom quit all processed food and plain starches are limited to potatoes and very, very rarely rice noodles (wheat allergy). They eat a lot of vegetables and there is always some meat. Usually beef but sometimes chicken. All simply cooked. Mom just decided one day she was changing how they were eating and did it.

In 3 months her triglycerides dropped 200+ points, her HDL went up and the LDL dropped a little. I've told her she needs the in depth cholesterol test that splits the LDL into the three types since the large type LDL isn't harmful and functions the same as HDL. She's talked to her doctor, but the doctor doesn't want to run it. I know it costs more, but it's way more accurate. Mom refuses to take the cholesterol drugs. I think it was effecting her blood pressure if I remember. She's always had pretty low blood pressure. Heart issues don't run in my family, but thyroid issues do.

Back
Top Bottom