Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Congraulations. Ive got babys today 7, and 2 more piped, that Mikeyb gave me. I also had 7 born last week Rob gave me. I cant help it, Im a chicky aholic!!!!Ive had the flu, but have got to get pens built soon. My Bf says he will help this weekend. WHHHOOO HOOOO! I also have 16 egg layers, soon. Bard Rocks. 2 roos. I for the banties,,(I have 6 cochins) and 1, for the big ones. Im building several pens, for special breeds. Some large some small, for tiny milli fleurs and blacktail Japanese. Im raising the breeds seperate. Ive had 100% hatch rate with my new incubator. Its foam inside,, plastic on the outside. Im also building a chicken tractor to move any I want to around the yard. I cant wait to see my babies all over the yard. I used to be a breeder for many years. Parrots as well, I had 150 of the big Parrots. I fed the babies from the egg. I use to be known as the Onalaska Bird Lady. Ive missed it very much. I havent done it since 2000. Im so excited my tail wags! Its been too long. I care for my Mom with Alzheimers 24/7 and shes getting up and moving just to see the babies. Its so neat! She is usually sedintary.Im so tickled to do this again!!!!Im making a baby encloser, on the end of my patio,which is my avatar.

Beautiful old cabinet !
We built one kinda like that for juvie birds, and called it the Chickie Boom Box.
We cut holes in various places so they could stick heads out & look around.
It was quite hysterical to see.
The birds grew out of it so fast !

You said you set 7 eggs, so eight chicks hatching is a much greater hatch rate than 100% - how very cool!

:he
Sometime about 10 days ago (after candling & looking at developement) I set about 12 eggs............and usually write it down on the calendar.
This time I did not, in which case I usually remember due to some 'landmark' that occured that day (such as the day Kate was here for example)
But there was no landmark that day and I have no idea, but within 1 week...of which actual day I set this batch.
APPLESAUCE !!!!!!!!!!
I knew one time this would happen...and this is it.
When it looks like they are getting close, I just shut off the turner & let them be..........:he

I actually did write down eight on the calender, but that was at the end of May and that page is not visible. I should just stick with taking pictures of everything, since digital cameras have much better memories than I do, and I can always find my camera, not so much a pen that writes in any position.

Wish we could escape and visit, I want to see the barn/house in person. However, my DH drove to Seattle and back last night and is occupied moving his office today and Monday, so I'm sure he will mostly gripe, moan, and nap this weekend.

Quote: Noooooo!
hit.gif

So I have posted a few times but never introduced myself. I'm misty from Bremerton wa. I'm newish to chicken raising and am learning so much from this site. I get up and have my coffee and read on here everyday. I am human mom to 1 SLW, 1 GLW , 2 polish , 5 light brahmas , 1 mutt roo, 3 EE , and 2 khaki Campbells.
highfive.gif
Welcome!!! Pictures are required!!!!!!!! Just kidding but it would be nice!!!
So I gave in and gave all the broody silkie hens 8 eggs to share, since they will anyway. EE and wheaten ameraucana hens covered by a wheaten rooster. Hopefully Duke has been doing his job and some will be fertile.

I probably need to put some dye in the vent of the wheaten girl who's in the main pen. The only rooster she likes is her boyfriend she came with, and she's the only hen who likes him. He's been practicing so her eggs may be fertile.
Good Luck with your Hatchin!
Last few weeks we have had one like that...so cute.
Yesterday Einstein says there is 2, and today, I think we were buzzed round & round by 3 or more...run so fast !
Maybe have to go bunny hunting soon.
But It's Duck season! No IT's WABBIT SEASON!
Hi Mikey!
Hi Mikey!!! Hi KIM!!
highfive.gif

Hello all! Just checking, since I just found this thread. New to BYC as a member, been nosing about on it for years. Want to start raising H. RIR and play with some interesting banties that fell in my lap recently (see avatar). On the Olympic peninsula, looking to make contact in real life with some chicken breeding enthusiasts :). Thanks everyone!
-Aleta G.

Hello all! Just checking, since I just found this thread. New to BYC as a member, been nosing about on it for years. Want to start raising H. RIR and play with some interesting banties that fell in my lap recently (see avatar). On the Olympic peninsula, looking to make contact in real life with some chicken breeding enthusiasts :).  Thanks everyone!
-Aleta G.

Howdy!

What kind of banties? I've got Barbu d'Anvers, myself.

Here is the little bantam EE with his tiny crow! It's so quiet I'm not even worried about the neighbors (yet).
lol.png

These cute EE and d'Uccle chicks will be six weeks tomorrow. Two of the d'Uccles and both bantam EE's are boys and available for free to anyone on BYC. Send me a message!

eta - the EEs are a cross between bantam Ameracauna and Phoenix - so they have a possiblity for a beautiful, long tail!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom