Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I have Easter Eggers and Olvie Eggers that are straight run (either boy or girl) hatching in in a couple weeks
I do have 1 that I think is a pullet at 3 months old

I live in the city so I really can't have roosters

I live right next to northgate mall.. I have a rooster that was grandfathered in but even so you can raise the chicks, if you get a rooster you can sell or rehome or drop at bothell feed store or monroe farm and feed store...... Or have dinner when it starts crowing

Quote:
She says 23+ weeks. Will be a light pinkish egg. She says once they get to laying good egg will be L-XL, which shocked me since they are small bodied LF
Yes, but if they are from her flock, they will be very large eggs. All my girls are very full bodied and lay L-XL eggs. She breeds for egg size as well as SOP.
big_smile.png

And the count so far

! splash Am/Aus
2  darkish Hamburgs (The light one died unexplainedly)
3 Marans
6 BLRW
1 JG
1 Bluish looking thing (Am/AUS I think, too wet to tell right now)
and about 8 more pips

Forgot to comment on this: so glad the BLRWs are hatching, I hadn't had any indication of whether they were fertile or not.

Quote:
She says 23+ weeks. Will be a light pinkish egg. She says once they get to laying good egg will be L-XL, which shocked me since they are small bodied LF
Yes, but if they are from her flock, they will be very large eggs. All my girls are very full bodied and lay L-XL eggs. She breeds for egg size as well as SOP.
big_smile.png

Kim, we were refering to Swedish Flower Hens that we have. Hahaha

Quote: I think nine have hatched with a couple more pipped. It's hard to track them when they are all in the brooder together. So far only 2 hamburgs (the first one died) but one more is pipped. Only one Am/Aus has hatched. No sign or anything on the other AmX eggs.

From Robin; nearly all have hatched. Mostly Marans, but four JG's.

Last edited:
And the count so far

! splash Am/Aus

2  darkish Hamburgs (The light one died unexplainedly)

3 Marans

6 BLRW

1 JG

1 Bluish looking thing (Am/AUS I think, too wet to tell right now)

and about 8 more pips

Forgot to comment on this: so glad the BLRWs are hatching, I hadn't had any indication of whether they were fertile or not.

I think nine have hatched with a couple more pipped. It's hard to track them when they are all in the brooder together. So far only 2 hamburgs (the first one died) but one more is pipped. Only one Am/Aus has hatched. No sign or anything on the other AmX eggs.

From Robin; nearly all have hatched. Mostly Marans, but four JG's.

I just filled out an 18 box with the Hamburgs, right? I suspect that the AM/Au ones are an indication of when Dave started to get sick; we'll see how many of the eight I have are pullets, since I'm unlikely to keep more than two. I am really unhappy about the way this is working out, all around, especially since I should have noticed earlier only I was trying to deal with weather, building/maintaining pens, the chicks in the house, a very late-calving cow, and the whole end-of-life dog care stuff.

And the wedding, forever and always the wedding. Two weeks from today it will be over. I hope I survive the interim.

Last edited:
I just filled out an 18 box with the Hamburgs, right? I suspect that the AM/Au ones are an indication of when Dave started to get sick; we'll see how many of the eight I have are pullets, since I'm unlikely to keep more than two. I am really unhappy about the way this is working out, all around, especially since I should have noticed earlier only I was trying to deal with weather, building/maintaining pens, the chicks in the house, a very late-calving cow, and the whole end-of-life dog care stuff.

And the wedding, forever and always the wedding. Two weeks from today it will be over. I hope I survive the interim.
An eighteen box, but it was mixed; I think there were about 24 total, of which there were the Am/Aus and the Wyandottes.

I'm sure you are looking forward to having the wedding in the past - fond memories and no more work towards it.

Back
Top Bottom