Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I'm excited, Just put in my order at ideal poultry. getting 21 chicks, and 4 turkey babies. this is my first time ever ordering chicks, can anyone tell me what to expect? i wont get them for a month. But I just am totally not sure what to expect from it.
Normally I hatch my own. Occasionally i'd buy from someone local. this time I wanted to get a few "top hat" chickens and then a bunch of surprise me. LOL

I'm just not aware of any near me. Plus there is the sexing issue. I've had terrible luck when picking straight run and I always worry when selling extra roosters that they are going to be used for illegal and torturous activities. I guess I can just process them, now that I know I can do it! Hoping to get Wyandottes, Australorps, Faverolles, BSL, and/or SS
to have better winter layers. My Dad offered to help pay for them just so he doesn't have to buy store-bought eggs in winter, haha!
Another real good dual purpose great all season layer is Rhode Is. Red…Some of my first were RI. Snow on the ground, eggs in the nest….eliz

Hi Everyone! I just found this so had to make myself known, have also posted in the eastern Washington thread. I am south of Yakima in White Swan.

Stay warm and be healthy!

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Everyone! I just found this so had to make myself known, have also posted in the eastern Washington thread. I am south of Yakima in White Swan.

Stay warm and be healthy!

Hi There! Welcome! Both groups are good.
Tell us about your flock, your coop, your pets, your hobbies. We're just a really nosey bunch. :)

Back
Top Bottom