Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hello! I'm looking for someone local (i.e. Western Washington, south of Seattle) who is selling Blue Laced Red Wyandotte fertile eggs. I see many on the BST website but I don't want to have any shipped with this crazy East Coast weather. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you! :)
Erland, Kummer Poultry, Enumclaw, Black Diamond area had Blue laced Red awhile back…..

There is a lady in Monroe, 4-H poultry mom, can find her info if You like…nice birds, Might be able to make connections with others at the coming Monroe poultry show in March????? ( Wa. Feather Fanciers )

Last edited:
Erland, Kummer Poultry, Enumclaw, Black Diamond area had Blue laced Red awhile back…..

There is a lady in Monroe, 4-H poultry mom, can find her info if You like…nice birds, Might be able to make connections with others at the coming Monroe poultry show in March????? ( Wa. Feather Fanciers )

I'll definitely check out Kummer Poultry! I was on his website a couple days ago and didn't see anything but I'll contact him directly. Thank you! Also, Monroe is a bit far from me but if that lady does have some and is willing to meet I'd be very interested. I'm about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from there. (I used to live in Snohomish so I'm very familiar with that drive from here) :)

ok.. I could only get one picture but I have two of these chickens. They are the only two like this that I have, the others that are the same age are Turkens so they look way different. This chicken is supposedly a pullet. It is almost 3 months old. It is an Andelusion/Cochin mix.
Both my chickens like this one spend most of their day staring at each other and sparing each other. Do you think that this chicken is a
male or female?

ok.. I could only get one picture but I have two of these chickens. They are the only two like this that I have, the others that are the same age are Turkens so they look way different. This chicken is supposedly a pullet. It is almost 3 months old. It is an Andelusion/Cochin mix.
Both my chickens like this one spend most of their day staring at each other and sparing each other. Do you think that this chicken is a
male or female?

@3mo old My guess would be its a pullet but when you star crossing breeds it could be a toughy

I would check outhttps://www.backyardchickens.com/a/chicken-blog-ellas-chicken-flock she has a pic of a hen named "Gracie" looks pretty darn close to your bird.

Last edited:
Howdy folks! I'm fairly new here, but interested in muscovy ducks. Is anyone around who may want to offload a few somewhere around next month?

To anyone looking for breeding/showing quality stock that's local:

I just visited a guy in Kent, named Sean, a couple days ago and I was so impressed I told him I'd put out a good word for him. I can assure you he doesn't buy at auctions or seek out bargains or anything like that. He breeds his own birds that's he's purchased from well-known breeders across the country. His facility was the cleanest and most well organized I have ever been to. I went with the intent of purchasing several chicks but he asked what my breeding plan was and what my overall goals are for the chicks. After a long discussion he advised I wait until I really figure things out and then come back and get exactly what I want/need. It was pretty neat. His birds are beautiful as well. I'd recommend him to anyone who wants something more than a backyard flock of chickens; someone who's looking to buy local and get some superb blood lines/genetics. :) He doesn't have a Facebook page or a website, it's purely by word of mouth and while he can't keep chicks in the brooders - they sell so fast - I told him I'd spread the word. :) The ironic thing is...he had just sold off his Blue Laced Red Wyandotte breeding group and that's what I wanted!! Oh well. :)

His only advertising is on Craigslist so I was a bit skeptical but after visiting his facility I was blown away. His phone number ends in 6300 so if you search Craigslist for that you'll find him.

I realize this totally sounds like a paid advertisement, lol. I've only met the guy once but I'll definitely return when I'm ready. :)

Just an FYI!!

Howdy folks! I'm fairly new here, but interested in muscovy ducks. Is anyone around who may want to offload a few somewhere around next month?
welcome-byc.gif
Glad to have you here. I dont "do" ducks myself but I am sure your bound to find some folks that are. Where abouts are you located? Might help find someone local if your location is included.

Back
Top Bottom