Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

You know... Monroe really isn't all THAT far once you get across the bridge.  And if you take the Kingston ferry it's even easier.  You know you wanna do it!!!   :drool       There are a couple of us from Kitsap that are going.   I'm not showing but I really enjoy going! 
I've never been to a poultry show and would like to go. My in-laws will be visiting around then so I'll have to see what they want to do. Pretty sure I could talk my SIL and niece into it.
Well Hey... I still think we should try to get together some time since there are so many of us in the area.  And I know at least 4 more around Silverdale, Pt Orchard, and Poulsbo.   Anybody interested?  I'd enjoy putting faces to names.
sounds fun! I'd be up for a meetup if it's on a weekday evening and within one hour from Olympia.

Just did the 1 week candle and weigh. Looks like our humidity is right on target. Out of 24 eggs, we have 4 maybe quit or never started or unsure.
This one looks like an infertile?

This is what most of them look like - obvious veins and dark spot.

Anyone looking to offload a pond liner? I'm in the collecting items stage of my duck setup and I'd love to have the pond completed before bringing anyone home.

Roger that, Hinotori! I'm trying really hard to make it safe. I'm extra paranoid because we have some land and it's forested so there's lots of critters. I'm not super picky about breeds, i just want good layers and I won't complain if they're sweet and let me pet them! I love the buff orpingtons, my daughter has her heart set on barred rocks. I live near Yelm. And I'll post pics when the coop in done :D it's missing its trim and it's doors-kinda need those!

I've never been to a poultry show and would like to go. My in-laws will be visiting around then so I'll have to see what they want to do. Pretty sure I could talk my SIL and niece into it.
sounds fun! I'd be up for a meetup if it's on a weekday evening and within one hour from Olympia.
I know that Clark Co. Fairgrounds, Just north of Vancouver…….. is kinda far for many of us up north but the PNPA Show is coming up too, cannot remember if before or after the monroe Show……Its a worthy show to go to also.

I know that Clark Co. Fairgrounds, Just north of Vancouver…….. is kinda far for many of us up north but the PNPA Show is coming up too, cannot remember if before or after the monroe Show……Its a worthy show to go to also.

3rd weekend of April, so after Monroe. Great facility, you get more folks that come up from CA, southern Oregon and other places that don't want to make the trek to Monroe.

Well Hey... I still think we should try to get together some time since there are so many of us in the area. And I know at least 4 more around Silverdale, Pt Orchard, and Poulsbo. Anybody interested? I'd enjoy putting faces to names.

Oh... anyone heard from AletaG lately? Isn't she doing heritage RIRs?

Sounds like fun to me! I really need someone to talk me into taking my Barnies to the show...I hate to stay over night because of the hotel costs...

Yes, TLS is Trisha. She has really nice looking birds, IMO, and it was so hard to find any locally so I figured I'd hatch some myself. I'm happy with the birds I ended up with. I lost a couple of nice cockerels to coyotes or something (maybe neighbor dogs...not 100% sure) last year before I got the coop more secure. I have a few more things I'd like to do to the coop but it's nearly to the point I'd like it to be now.

Oh, and my Silkie cockerel is from Cat Dance. (Kelar on here, I think) I'm not sure where my pullet is from, a friend hatched her from ebay eggs, lol. I'd sure love to get another Cat Dance pullet. Maybe I'll order eggs again later this spring.

DD

probably not the best place to ask it but seems to be to me. How well do "top hat" breeds of chickens do in this cold weather? I ordered 6 chicks straight run that are "top hat" from ideal poultry. I known the chicks can't handle it but i'm thinking next year, will they need special treatment?
they only offered straight run and I thought my nephew would love them when they are big cause they are funny looking. And now i'm glad they are straight run, he's 3 years old and went out yesterday morning to find something had killed his rooster. He called me to tell me to bring the dogs to kill what killed George. as well as whatever it was killed half of his flock. Yes at 3 years old he has a flock that he feeds and waters with the help of "grandpa" my dad. It's good responsibility and he loves it.

I am hoping they do well in a flock. Because I'd love to be able to give my mom hopefully a hen and rooster of the breed.

Hi - I'm a new member and just wanted to say hi on the Washington thread! Any Seattle area hen homes on here?

Back
Top Bottom