Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

If anyone needs vaccines or boxes at the Monroe show, please send me a message. I would like to get orders in before the show so that I do not have too much or too little. This will give me time to order more supplies should I need to before I come over.

Glad those two are looking better. I heard from someone who used to work at a wildlife rehab facility that they used flat cola (not diet) for birds in shock. The sugar plus caffiene would help perk them up enough to start eating on their own.

Looking forward to hatch day (Tuesday) first time for me... but also trying not to think about what could go wrong.
well woke up to one more dead and the other back to being unable to walk again but still breathing. I don't think it will make it. Seems like all night it refused to eat or drink on it's own. So it is obviously still very stressed if refusing to eat. I gave it a few drops of corn syrup water mixed with some electrolytes. We will see.

ALL of my others are doing great and trying to even escape from their brooder. Saved one from the feeder first thing when i got up and it's even fine it went right back into the feeder to eat some more.
I'm just sad that the polish chicks died, i still have 4 of them that are healthy. I never owned polish chickens before. I have wanted to for years, but couldn't find them in any feed stores, and couldn't find them locally within a price range i could afford. I was hoping to have a mini flock of them and a rooster i could hide (i live in the city) to hatch some polish eggs.

Could it be some breeds are more delicate or the quality of hatchery breeding stock? When I was following the hatchery threads last year, a lot of folks were losing their polish and faverolle chicks but the other breeds they ordered did ok. Are you going to the Monroe show Elizmartin? I would love to purchase some of your faverolle eggs
hmm.png

I was wondering this same thing. Because the polish seemed to be hit hard by being shipped.

to views taken one right after the other to show that the chicks as i stated last night are NOT right under the light.
sorry i didn't take one last night but i was dealing with trying to save the babies and not worrying about the healthy ones.

Quote:
Sorry. :-(

If you are interested, Reber Ranch (Kent) gets Polish in during their Chick Days. I've seen them every year. And been tempted. If memory serves, they are black with white crests. Their list shows that they are ordered for March 6th.
Imp- good luck

It's blowing like crazy here, debris from the big firs raining down on us. Three days to hatching, I hope we don't lose power!

It's blowing like crazy here, debris from the big firs raining down on us. Three days to hatching, I hope we don't lose power!
move a blanket out by the heater now (not so close it catches fire but enough it stays warm) that way if the power goes out you can put it over the incubator to prevent it from losing heat.
My dad did that during power outages that were as long as 5 days while the temp went down his eggs still would hatch but just be a few days late.

well woke up to one more dead and the other back to being unable to walk again but still breathing. I don't think it will make it. Seems like all night it refused to eat or drink on it's own. So it is obviously still very stressed if refusing to eat. I gave it a few drops of corn syrup water mixed with some electrolytes. We will see.

ALL of my others are doing great and trying to even escape from their brooder. Saved one from the feeder first thing when i got up and it's even fine it went right back into the feeder to eat some more.
I'm just sad that the polish chicks died, i still have 4 of them that are healthy. I never owned polish chickens before. I have wanted to for years, but couldn't find them in any feed stores, and couldn't find them locally within a price range i could afford. I was hoping to have a mini flock of them and a rooster i could hide (i live in the city) to hatch some polish eggs.
Am sorry that You lost Your lil one….I hope you keep dipping their beaks into the honey water till they do start to drink & eat….I haven't had to often but sometimes its all through the night every 2 hours or so…..

Back
Top Bottom