Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I've notified channel 4,5,7 and 13 news of what happened. I have a lawyer i'm discussing it with and he's going to try to find me a lawyer that specializes in suing walmart over this very matter because he said he knows of one that ONLY sues walmart.
googling it apparently it's very common for walmart employees to do this. I didn't think they could stop or search you either, However without even asking they did search me which i discussed with the police, also they attempted to separate my dog from me in front of the officer, who then told them that is a federal offense and I plan to sue for them touching my service dog (illegal on state and federal level). I turned it into the department of justice on the service dog issue.
I went into the court house earlier to discuss what to do in order to get charges dropped they said they're going to send me to court to go in front of a judge and made the comment to another worker "looks like we'll have a full room of just tacoma walmart theft charges" Which tells me this walmart is doing this ALL THE TIME because no way is there that many people stealing things ya know?

Wow - I'm so sorry that all happened to you. Hopefully the judge will see that all of that shouldn't have happened and all charges will be dropped. Make sure the lawyer who sues Walmart accounts for your time/gas $/etc. when he sues, cuz that's only fair in my opinion. Just a thought: What are the chances that those employees were stealing from the store and they were bringing in other people accusing them of what was missing (aka: what they took) to help cover their behinds so they themselves wouldn't get caught? Seems crazy, but maybe it's true. Out of curiosity, was this the same Walmart I heard about in the news a week or so ago that had some guy trying to pimp out some kid? If so, maybe Walmart needs to focus their security better on real criminals and not ones they are making up.

Had to share a picture of a couple of my newest chickies. I am so glad I got two EE's - they are just too adorable! Picture doesn't do their fluffy cheeks justice, but I still think they are TCFW!!

My DS1 is a big Harry Potter Fan. That, plus their fluffy puffy cheeks, I decided to name these gals Huffle & Puffle.

Wow - I'm so sorry that all happened to you. Hopefully the judge will see that all of that shouldn't have happened and all charges will be dropped. Make sure the lawyer who sues Walmart accounts for your time/gas $/etc. when he sues, cuz that's only fair in my opinion. Just a thought: What are the chances that those employees were stealing from the store and they were bringing in other people accusing them of what was missing (aka: what they took) to help cover their behinds so they themselves wouldn't get caught? Seems crazy, but maybe it's true. Out of curiosity, was this the same Walmart I heard about in the news a week or so ago that had some guy trying to pimp out some kid? If so, maybe Walmart needs to focus their security better on real criminals and not ones they are making up.

i wouldn't be shocked to find out that they were trying to make up for their own theft honestly. I think however they chose me because I make a stink about them allowing pets in there, have turned them in for allowing pet dogs, and CATS in their store. As well as pet rats in their store. It's not okay to do that, I turned them into the health department many times.

I think ultimately it was an intimidation thing, also it's illegal for them to make body contact which they did.
Honestly I'm going to talk to my lawyer and see what he thinks i can get out of it because i'm to the point where i want to teach them a lesson for their behavior. Walmart needs to control their employees!!

i wouldn't be shocked to find out that they were trying to make up for their own theft honestly. I think however they chose me because I make a stink about them allowing pets in there, have turned them in for allowing pet dogs, and CATS in their store. As well as pet rats in their store. It's not okay to do that, I turned them into the health department many times.

I think ultimately it was an intimidation thing, also it's illegal for them to make body contact which they did.
Honestly I'm going to talk to my lawyer and see what he thinks i can get out of it because i'm to the point where i want to teach them a lesson for their behavior. Walmart needs to control their employees!!

I hope your lawyer gives it to them good!! They could use a reality check hard core. Still stinks that you have to put in the energy (time, money, etc.) for that to happen. I'll be sending out good vibes your way for a everything to turn out for the best and in your favor!

I hope your lawyer gives it to them good!! They could use a reality check hard core. Still stinks that you have to put in the energy (time, money, etc.) for that to happen. I'll be sending out good vibes your way for a everything to turn out for the best and in your favor!

Thanks, Monday I see my doctor about upping my anxiety medications during all this because I've already had a trip to the ER with a panic attack that wouldn't stop :( So my lawyer is kind of jumping for joy with every update on my health i give him while I'm here feeling like i may die before this is over.

My husband gave me sugar free candy (i'm diabetic) i'm wishing i had it that night to snack on as i'm pretty sure they'd have let me out of that small room very quick cause OMG we have the house opened up.

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but I don't think store security is allowed to do that. You have to be arrested by "real" police; they are the only ones who can search you. And they certainly can't take anything away from you, 'cus they got no right to search you in the first place. And if you did pay for your drink before leaving, there is no probable cause to even stop you. I would complain, and loudly, and threaten like all get out.
What TC said, also, no one is allowed to make you go anywhere against your will, especially not to a little room away from witnesses. If anyone tries to force or coerce you that is kidnapping. The ACLU might be interested in this especially if it's happening to a lot of people.

See http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9a.40&full=true

(6) "Restrain" means to restrict a person's movements without consent and without legal authority in a manner which interferes substantially with his or her liberty. Restraint is "without consent" if it is accomplished by (a) physical force, intimidation, or deception, or (b) any means including acquiescence of the victim, if he or she is a child less than sixteen years old or an incompetent person and if the parent, guardian, or other person or institution having lawful control or custody of him or her has not acquiesced.

(Bold is mine)

Had to share a picture of a couple of my newest chickies. I am so glad I got two EE's - they are just too adorable! Picture doesn't do their fluffy cheeks justice, but I still think they are TCFW!!

My DS1 is a big Harry Potter Fan. That, plus their fluffy puffy cheeks, I decided to name these gals Huffle & Puffle.
Huffle and Puffle are totally adorable! It will be fun to see how they feather out, they look different from one another now so I'd hope it stays that way. Enjoy!

Hi all! I hope you guys don't mind me throwing in a quick question - we're thinking about building the infamous garden coop and was wondering if anyone had any negative experiences regarding our damp climate on the western side of the state? I'm assuming it's ok but you know what they say about assuming.

Back
Top Bottom