Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

The funny thing with crows...They know how to tell a gun from a large stick and a clap from a gunshot. They also morn other crows that die, if they are in that family group.
That said, remove the food options and start  shooting them. They will learn that the risk is to high. Smart little buggers.

My father used to shoot them and then nail the dead crow to a tree to keep them away. I am not going to do that here. I know they will get eggs and baby birds so I try to keep the babies safe from the crows until they are bigger. The roosters alert everyone when a crow flies overhead but I still don't trust baby birds to be safe until they are older. I am worried about the 15 ducklings I let out of the safe pen now and the two nests that will be hatching soon. The hatchlings and their mothers will go in the safe pens but I was thinking the ducklings I put in the yard were big enough and now I am not sure after watching the crow carry off a bunny. I have three mother rabbits with two litters of bunnies so you would think they would protect their babies.

My father used to shoot them and then nail the dead crow to a tree to keep them away. I am not going to do that here. I know they will get eggs and baby birds so I try to keep the babies safe from the crows until they are bigger. The roosters alert everyone when a crow flies overhead but I still don't trust baby birds to be safe until they are older. I am worried about the 15 ducklings I let out of the safe pen now and the two nests that will be hatching soon. The hatchlings and their mothers will go in the safe pens but I was thinking the ducklings I put in the yard were big enough and now I am not sure after watching the crow carry off a bunny. I have three mother rabbits with two litters of bunnies so you would think they would protect their babies.
I have heard that if you kill a crow and hang it up on a pole other crows will avoid your place.
highfive.gif

For us we have eagles that take our chickens, any ideas how to keep them away?(they have even tried to take a newborn lamb!)
ep.gif

wow i didnt know crow's would take off with babies...no wonder my dog chases them out of the yard an away from the flock!- an here i thought he was an idiot LOL

I have heard that if you kill a crow and hang it up on a pole other crows will avoid your place.
highfive.gif

For us we have eagles that take our chickens, any ideas how to keep them away?(they have even tried to take a newborn lamb!)
ep.gif
Not much you can do...Its a federal offence to deter or harm them. They used to sell "Bird Bombs" a type of flash Bang for a shotgun or .22, but that was "scaring the raptors off of a food source" so they dont make them any more.

I've shipped geese across the state for less than that USPS. What the heck were you charged for?

And, they have an account with Fed Ex and UPS and if you pay when shipping they give you their business rate at the UPS or Fed Ex store.
I'm not sure if my options were limited because it was Thursday, and the bird needed to be there on Friday before close of business? Or if the rates change based on the time of day you bring it in for overnight shipping? (I shipped at 1:45pm) And maybe the online vs. walk-in rates added to the difference? I don't know. The box was 5.3 oz, 14x10 in size. The only other thing I can think of is that she knew it was a dead bird, cuz she could see there was a cooler in the box before I taped it up..but she seemed more interested than concerned. Just asked if it was a liquid sample, and I said no.
And as I mentioned above, I asked specifically about the Fed Ex/UPS shipping rate, and was told, "No, I'm sorry, that's not something we can, or do, do. I'm afraid you've been misinformed."

Back
Top Bottom