Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Thank you
smile.png
for what it's worth, my only sister and I were always mistaken for twins. I realize all chickens develop at their own pace (I have kids, too, and they definitely have their differences). I just thought for her age she looks far behind the others. I guess she'll just catch up later on and that's ok
smile.png
here is the other buff orpington of the exact same age for comparison.
This one looks like a roo to me. So it would be bigger.

We currently have a few birds for sale for various reasons - most are silkies, D'uccle roosters, buff brahma hens, Favacauna Rooster- we are located in Marysville- feel free to contact if interest- thank you

Blue Favacauna Rooster- new breed that mypetcicken.com is introducing that we wound up with in our order- course came out a rooster
For anyone thinking about buying any, there is no such BREED as a FAVACAUNA. It is a crossbreed from a Faverolles and an Ameraucana. Just because a hatchery is selling them as a breed it does not make it true. Check the APA before buying a bird that is "NEW" to make sure it is an approved breed, especiallyif you are considering spending a lot of money.

I'm aware it's not a recognized breed - it's a "project" breed they are selling and trying to get others to do - that they call Favacauna based on the crossing- apparently a lot of people like the cross- me personally I don't care for him - we didn't buy him he was a freebie bird for our order which we weren't supposed to even get that bird as it was not a breed we ordered- so someone is really trying to push it out there- they still lay the green eggs by what I understand and heartier in winter, personality is stronger than the Favorelle - someone who don't mind a cross and just needs a roo may be ok with him

For anyone thinking about buying any, there is no such BREED as a FAVACAUNA. It is a crossbreed from a Faverolles and an Ameraucana. Just because a hatchery is selling them as a breed it does not make it true. Check the APA before buying a bird that is "NEW" to make sure it is an approved breed, especiallyif you are considering spending a lot of money.
Hahaha, I think I have a Favacauna...and a Turkacana plus one Rhodacana and a Marancana. They are all just cross breeds in my book. Trying to get some different egg colors so we'll see how it goes.

D.gif

I had some Easter Eggers that were laying beige eggs so I hatched some by mistake thinking they were Orpington eggs. They were fertilized by my Orpington rooster so they are Orpington crosses, which I did not want because I am hatching Orpingtons. I was able to get rid of some of the crosses but I am afraid I may have more so I have to raise the entire batch to weed them out. The reason I started my own flock was to make sure I know what I am hatching after buying hatching eggs that were crossbreeds or the result of inbreeding and then I ended up with mistakes because the guaranteed blue and green egg layers I bought as chicks were laying beige eggs. I will be getting all my Easter Eggers from hatchery stock as a result so I can easily tell which eggs are for eating and which eggs are for hatching.

I am in the Seattle area. I actually drive my daughter to Seattle 3 days a week for classes. Tomorrow I am driving to Whidbey Island for a choir concert since she has been at choir camp all week and they will be putting on a show for parents and the community. The birds are her fundraiser to pay her choir tuition but of course I do most of the work since she is in school. The Easter Eggers have always been my favorite chicken since I have raised them most of my life (beginning back in the day they were called Aracaunas and no one got upset about it, LOL). We are going to be driving up I-5 if you are anywhere in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom