Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

maybe....it really isn't completely identical to citrus, it is just the first smell I get, after that, it is a strange smell.
I had aphids all over my honeysuckle 2 weeks ago to the point they had curled & deformed leaves.
So I sprayed the entire vine.
So far, no aphids.
I worry sometimes that the oil in Neem Oil will suffocate the leaves, like Volk Spary does.
I use Neem & Volk for dormant spray now, too.
neem won't hurt the plants... Or even the good bugs or visiting bees. Just don't spray it on baby ladybugs (scary ugly beasts!) And spray early in morn or late at night.

Yes, they're terrible! I keep cutting and spraying, clearing out my trees. A week later? A new batch
he.gif
Can't imagine it helps that none of the neighbors care, so everyone else's yard is infested. They even took out some of my rose bushes this year!

We have a few as well. Last year, in our cedar tree, too high up to reach them, but I don't see them up there this year. This year, they're reachable at the shoulder level, and like you, thought the chickens would just LOVE them! They turned their nose up at them and looked at like we were crazy.

I've heard that WA is having real issues with them and they will decimate a forest (although not always permanently). Just kill all the leaves on the trees for that year. Still, I say burn 'em!!

Ok, mail order chicks (a first for me) have arrived! All 8 are alive and loudly annoyed the bus all the way home. As they were making my eardrums bleed, I immediately got them warmed up. All but 2 are fiesty. Only one is not joining in breakfast. I dunked beaks, but nobody is thirsty I guess. I put some electrolytes in the water, so would like them to drink. I guess they will when they are ready.

Back
Top Bottom