Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I would love some blue laced Barnies! But she is really far from me in Skagit Co. :(

Well.... you never know who might be making a trip all or part way!
Contact her and discuss the idea. If you put the word out you'd be amazed what can happen. Just today we, as a group, we figured out how to get a young cockerel from Mason Co. to a new home in Marysville! Not that long ago a "chicken train" got a pullet from Oregon City to Centralia for me. And I hauled a big ole goose up I-5 from Oregon last year. Anything is possible on "The Underground Poultry Railroad".
D.gif
clap.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Well I am in Longview I have 13 welsummers 14 barred rock. 10 golden sec links. And 20 buff orpingtons. Then I have my flock of bourbon red turkeys and a small flock of royal Palm turkeys. I'm a army veteran that now lives the lighter side of life. With my lovely wife 2 daughters and another 1 on the way. Along with a Australian Shepard for my all around farm dog. She does it all.

In woodland, just down the road
1f600.png
I have a flock of 9 with 1 Roo.

Whenever I isolate a bully, I typically do it for a few days. She has to sleep in the isolation pen too (just because I'm usually asleep when they get up). Then I'll let them all out together on a day that I watch them and intervene if necessary, I've had good success with that, but I have heard others who eventually had to rehome or cull the bird from their flock, hope that helps. Good luck!
I grabs 'em & tosses em in a different coop, and the occupants of that coop are usually pretty ticked about it !

Anyone in the Olympia area have a couple of docile pullets they are looking for a home for, my mother is building a larger version of the garden coop and will soon be ready to start building a flock (she's getting my noisy faverolles/speckled sussex lady also) and wants some pets (she isn't worried so much about production).
What i would recommend, is Bielefelders, they have to be the most mellow breed I have ever seen in all my 40+ years of poultry !

Well.... you never know who might be making a trip all or part way!
Contact her and discuss the idea. If you put the word out you'd be amazed what can happen. Just today we, as a group, we figured out how to get a young cockerel from Mason Co. to a new home in Marysville! Not that long ago a "chicken train" got a pullet from Oregon City to Centralia for me. And I hauled a big ole goose up I-5 from Oregon last year. Anything is possible on "The Underground Poultry Railroad".
D.gif
clap.gif
jumpy.gif
We did a cock Delaware from N. OR to Central Cali, and we do so very often.
We have trabsported Lavender Orps from Long View to Monroe & Duvall, the list is too long to list...........
big_smile.png

* This Feb, spring, we are going down again & bringing back several hair sheep lambs I am very excited about !!!

Last edited:
well, things are just hopping here !
New bird photos:

Is everyone in Washington State off on vacation right now ?
It is 105 on the cabin front porch, in the shade. That south-facing building gets the heat, that blows right up the driveway. HOT !!!

Back
Top Bottom