Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

The portion of our backyard fence that is privacy boards did not survive the winds. It got up over 100 mph last night. The trees and the coop are still standing. Didn't loose power last night, but it probably will go out later today when the crews are fixing things.

Yes, I was planning on making it a lean-to style building with the low side of the roof (and back of the building) facing the valley where the wind comes whipping up the strongest. I currently have my pieced together chicken tractor from last year that a neighboring bull smashed up when he got loose. The roof was trashed, so I have a large tarp stretched over the whole thing and the surrounding area attached via thick bungie cords to the steel fencing around their enclosure. So far this winter/spring alone we've ripped through a handful of grommets on the tarp and broken at least 3 substantial bungie cords. I have it strategically lashed down low on the wind-facing side so the wind will go up and over rather than catch underneath, but it still takes a beating.
Sounds to me like your pretty resilient bunji cords, duct tape and tarps we can do anything
lau.gif

The portion of our backyard fence that is privacy boards did not survive the winds. It got up over 100 mph last night. The trees and the coop are still standing. Didn't loose power last night, but it probably will go out later today when the crews are fixing things.
WOW wind never got that severe here, my little outdoor table used for all dirty work soon to be a greenhouse workbench is the only thing that kinda went zoom. We did get some **** good gusts till about 1 am then it layed down for the night.

The wind is brutal here! Lost a few trees and power but it didn't hit any buildings thankfully!

Wowzer found out we lost the top of one tree when it stops raining I will get a photo
no other damage besides my little table being tipped over, intended to do the garden fence renting
a post whole digger today called and reset that for tomorrow getting for the weekend instead
same money
lau.gif

Some of my friends in Astoria had reported 95 mph...I dont miss those winds LOL! Out in my neck of the woods, Im betting we hit around 50 mph...pretty light compared to you coastal peeps.
It was rough. Lots of fences smashed by branches around town. The road out to the Coast Guard base was blocked by several big trees. Thankfully, nobody got hurt around here.

Back
Top Bottom