Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I think they have trained me. I'm not sure how much I have trained them.
I believe they are more like cats
hide.gif

mine are more of habit they have learned they have
a schedule they do things by.. you may notice if you change
or add birds of make changes of any kind egg production may be off

I have had 1 cup thankfully the computer room is not
far from the kitchen
bow.gif
ok second cup starting to
wake up
I was out with the flocks, then lost my coffa cuppy somewheres out there...I am sure it is full of bugs and stone cold by now...I do this ALOT !
Einstein takes his coffa cuppy out with him and does his work (he waters all the birds every morning freash water) and he never puts his cup down, like it is surgically attached to his hand...LOL

I loose mine everytime....was trying to get a better veiw of the F-2 Silver Bielefelder pullets in the grow out pens, way way in the back behind the barn...so I guess I had better just go get another coffa cuppy.........

@penny1960

You guys do any fishing at the lake up there so far this year ?

I have not fished up there for 2 years, but when we did, it was a very nice lake.
It is getting fishing time, that is for sure !

Hello!We are looking for some brahma hatching eggs! We've got a broody brahma! I can't find them anywhere though. I can't even find a hatchery in WA. Thoughts?

@penny1960

You guys do any fishing at the lake up there so far this year ?

I have not fished up there for 2 years, but when we did, it was a very nice lake.
It is getting fishing time, that is for sure !
We have this really cool old boat a Chrysler Valiant made for car clubs
to tow behind their cars but it has not seen water this year
somad.gif

between chickens, domes, garden and yard work..........
not to mention back nad forth to Oly over my Mom..
getting 6 pullets from Gena tomorrow God willing
ultrasound on my leg yesterday Doc is afraid I may have lump
in my calf

Last edited:
Well time to head out to the chickens .. lay a floor in my new greenhouse dome..

Chickens fed and watered, pullets are growing fast some getting close to egg laying size now.
I also took a new photo of my EE from Gena very pretty bird

hope the photo is clearer than what I see lol
we had a really cheap tarp that was like 30 x 40
but so weak it stretches bad with any rain so we cut it to make a quasi weed block
floor in my green house may last better in there
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Within the city limit of Battle Ground, no limit on hens but no rooster :( - waiting until Rose crow before we will have to try to rehome him.

Hi fellow Battle Ground resident. Unless you have a HOA that says differently The City of Battle Ground does not have any regulations on poultry, including male chickens.

Newbie questions -
Why does chicken roost?  Why do they have to roost?  What happens to hens that doesn't roost?

It's a hold over that goes all the way back to the Jungle Fowl, which would roost for protection. (Fun fact, the term "rooster" was not meant to define a male chicken, but rather an unproductive fowl that roosted all the time and did not lay/make nests). The domestic fowl of today do not need to roost, and indeed with larger breeds (non-hatchery Langshans, Cochins, Brahmas, Giants, other large breeds) it is a bad idea to let them roost since it would be way for them to injure legs coming down off perch and the larger body weight resting on keel can develop breast blisters. Chickens without roosts do just fine. The only birds I give roosts to are long tailed males so they stay clean for show (Leghorns, Phoenix, Sumatra, etc), they all do just fine, just make sure their sleeping area is predator safe.

Back
Top Bottom